Flowers/shrubs

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by mom2~1boy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Ok its getting about that time, I have my flower beds ready just need to get my flowers and shrubs.. who has the best prices.. I need to get quiet a bit of stuff so will any locals give me a discount for buying in bulk..

I am wanting day lillies, nandina's, and I need something else that can stand alot of sun, any suggestions?

thanks

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

You should grab some canna's (or however you spell them), they love sun.

For what it's worth, a few years ago, HG and I raided my parents yard, they have tons of iris's and yellow canna lillies. If you aren't scared of the potential for poison ivy, I'll go over there with you one afternoon and you can dig up as many as you want.

3. seabee

seabee Guest

Crepe myrtles, Loropetalums are sun lovers, check out the Japonica pieris also between the pieris and petulams you get varying degree of color thru out the year...

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Want to take a trip to my mom's house?

She'll give you whatever you want. You should see her manicured flower beds.

Let me know.

5. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

http://www.easytogrowbulbs.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=102

is this them, if so I would love to go get some. they are periennal's right?
    do they multiply?

6. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

yalls mom are going to get yall for giving away all there flowers.. I need alot so whatever I can get for free that will multiply I am in..

7. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

oh, I get poison ivy every year in my yard..

8. harleygirl

Mom has a YARD FULL!!!

She won't mind at all, AND especially since I know you and you know Bev. :lol:

9. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

I have 3 crepe myrtles I need to plant right now somewhere, but the problem is I have 4 acres to deal with, so I am starting on the front beds this year, I did one last year up on a hill in my yard.. I might try to get some pics posted.. It took awhile to get done, but its awesome. Just hope everything comes back this year :)

10. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

thanks :) maybe we can get together one weekend in April. BTW did she ever get in touch with ya.

11. harleygirl

Yep on FB, I have her # now.
    2 weeks!! :hurray:

Oh and I saw your daddy yesterday and your neice & nephew. Man, those little ones are some talkers, wonder if I could hire them for sales?? LMAO!

12. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

LOL yep they will talk your ears off.. They must of been walking the hood' dad tries to get them out more :)

13. seabee

seabee Guest

Check out those others they are basically carefree with beauty and change thu the year... I personally like stuff with minimum upkeep but showy.. :cheers:

14. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

Loropetalums, I have looked at before and love the color.. Yeah I love low maintenance thats the best!

15. pcgeek

pcgeek Active Member

My Grandmother has a nusery off of saunders rd. it is called Charlynn nursery. She is always cheaper than anywhere else and has a huge selection.

16. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

thanks, I will give them a buzz to get a quote from them for my shrubs :)

17. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I noticed at Lowes the other day that they have flats of pre-planted bulbs for sale, not sure which plants they were or what the price was though. I thought about getting some as I always forget to plant bulbs in the fall. :banghead:

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

great, and then report back to us! :lol:

19. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

You can get nice size bunches of daylillies reasonably priced at the daylily farm on 50 in Garner. Usually they open on weekends starting in May, and go through weekends in June & July. Everything they sell is in rows in their field, that way if you go once a month, you get can get a good idea of the early, mid and late season bloomers so you'll have color from daylily's for 3 months.

20. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

where at on 50, is that the name of it?