A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Tax decrease? Are you serious? Did everybody get it?

2. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

A question for Johnston county teacher....say you live and teach near Riverwood but you send your kids to Polenta. I was told that if you work for the schools..you can send your kids where ever you want. Please correct me if I am wrong or PM me Thanks

3. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

This was the notice about it on my companies intranet page, if you can decipher it all... I'd love to hear it in plain english. Actually someone I work with already said that it'll have to be part of what is claimed in 2010's filing. I don't know... but for the time being, Its going into my Key West kitty and then I'll just have extra taxes taken out from June on to makeup for part of it. Unless anyone wants to tell me otherwise :mrgreen:. I also did notice that there wasn't as much tax deducted from my bonus check 2 weeks ago, it seemed closer to 35% overall, and not closer to 45% as in the past.

Additional Federal Income Tax - Making Work Pay - Withholding Tax Decrease
    The IRS changed its withholding tables to reflect the making work pay tax credit provision of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009. The making work pay tax credit is 6.2 percent (.062) of earned income up to a maximum of $800 for married couples who file jointly ($400 for all others). The tax credit is phased-out for married taxpayers who file jointly with adjusted gross income of $150,000 ($75,000 for all others). The IRS made these changes by shifting the amount of wages in its income tax withholding tax brackets.

No change was reported in the annual amount allowed for each exemption, which is $3,650.

For most workers, the ARRA related withholding table changes result in a withholding reduction on each regular pay check that will accumulate (over the remainder of 2009) closely to the annual amount of the applicable making work pay credit. Employees that don't have any federal income tax withheld as a result of low taxable wages or having claimed exempt won't see any change in their withholding. However, such employees can claim the making work pay tax credit when they file their income tax returns in 2010.

The credit is phased out at a rate of 2 percent (.02) of wages over $75,000 ($150,000 for married employees). As a result of the phase out, which the IRS also worked into the withholding tables, employees with earnings over these thresholds will have their tax reduction curtailed so that no credit is received on annualized wages over $95,000 ($190,000 for married employees).

The IRS' previously established, optional bonus rates of 25 percent (.25) on earnings up to and including $1 million and the mandatory 35 percent (.35) withholding rate on bonus earnings over $1 million are unchanged by ARRA of 2009.

4. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Let's see. I had the sushi regular lunch which consists of a California roll and 7 peices of chef's choice sushi.

Today mine were crab, shrimp, octopus, tuna, salmon, squid, and surf clam.

Can honestly say that a surf clam is not real high on my list of eat again sushi. Wasn't bad, just not what I was expecting seeing as I've eaten clams prepared all sorts of ways.

Craig

5. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack:

I had grilled chicken for lunch & water! :?

6. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

7. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

3:30 is NEVER gonna get here. I wanna go home! Been a shi**y week but i am GONNA make the weekend better! :cheers::cheers:

8. michelle

9. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

This page reminds me of one of those healthy choice/lean cuisine whatever it is commercials when they're all in the elevator talking about what they ate for dinner last night!

Speaking of which, I did have healthy choice for lunch today, but I don't think the microwave at work is working right, I couldn't get it very hot. :ack:

10. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

11. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I've got so many things going on with the kids........soccer practice, soccer game, and baseball practice............seems like I'm always on the go...........I NEED A BREAK !!!

12. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

hey - it's almost 3:30 - HAVE FUN!!!

I ate cereal last nite....

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  13. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Got a girl at work that runs ragged like that due to kids in sports, and complains about it all the time....yet she is the one that wants her kids in the sports. The kids honestly could care less and have made that comment before.

Craig

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We only do one activity in addition to Scouts each season. I'm not going to run around like a chicken with my head cut off every night of the week. Kids have to have some down time and time to do school work. Scouts and soccer keep me busy at least 3 days a week, and then there are weekends like this where he has a game in the morning and a scout camp out weekend. He's going to miss camping tonight, but it can't be helped.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well................my van is SOLD. It just pulled away. I advertised it here and Craigslist. The buyer was from here. First folks that looked at it. I hope it does well for them, they were extremely nice folks.

16. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

beautiful day!!! think i will take the wild boys for a picnic!

17. michelle

Today is going to be a much deserved ME day. I'm off to Smithfield to do some shopping for ME!

18. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Swing by and get me! :lol:

19. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Bragging: My dad now lives in a wonderful retirement center and it was touch and go for a while as to whether he would stay "because all they have is old people" (gotta love that).

Finally, he has decided to participate in events. His very first event was Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. Of course each contestant knew that they would not receive money but gifts and bragging rights. My dad went all the way up to $500,000 on questions and his demise was "What is Miss Piggy's last name"? He missed that one and I will tease him forever for missing a subject that just doesn't fit in his realm of thought.

Anyhow, he came out as the highest winner ever at the place and received bragging rights, a bottle of wine and some food.

Great job....daddy!

Sherry

20. michelle

What is Miss Piggy's last name? I don't think I've ever heard it.