LAUNDRY

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michellegrl77, Mar 24, 2009.

1. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

Ok how many of you feel like you are ALWAYS doing laundry. OMG I do 7 to 8 loads a week! and there are only 4 of us in the house!!!! Just curious to how many people live in your household and how many loads you do a week.

2. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

I'm with ya!!! There are four of us as well. Plus two of them are only 3 and 4! I HATE IT!!!

3. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  4. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I AM ALWAYS DOING LAUNDRY!

There are 5 of us, and I am the only female...I probably do 8 loads a week? That's of clothes. Then I do my sheets about once a week, and my kids sheets and blankets about once every other week (that would add 3 loads that week)

5. God'schild

God'schild Well-Known Member

ooohhh....I know. But I have come to the realization that as long as I have kids in the house, I will NEVER see the bottom of the laundry basket for more than 30 minutes. I have also now accepted the fact, and this was a challenge, that as long as I have kids in the house, my house will NEVER be spotless and COMPLETELY neat like "Leave it to Beaver".......:?:neutral: We ALL have chores assigned and the kids do their part, but it lasts so...............short.....sigh.... But since I have accepted it and am dealing with it......readily....My life is much more tolerable :lol::lol:

:jester:

6. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

Here, there are only 2 of us (humans) and we average 7 loads per week. While we have a over-sized washer (Whirlpool Duet) Between all of our critters, and DH and I working outside, laundry adds up.

1 load each of whites, towels, hubbys work clothes, my work clothes, non-work clothes, and 2 loads of linens. . .about once every other month there's an additional load of washable curtains to do as well. Oh and forgot to add a couple loads every 6 weeks or so of dog blankets and dog bed covers.

7. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

OMG!! ALL the time! I'll do 4-5 loads then it seems like a few days later, I'm doing them again! I asked the kids if they were really wearing the clothes or just pulling the out of the closet and throwing them in the laundry basket.....LOL

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

LOL! I know, me too! I have even found folded clothes mixed in with the dirty ones..........:banghead:

I keep telling my dd that she will think a little harder about what really needs washing when she goes away to school next yr, esp since A LOT of her stuff needs to be washed in cold and hung up to dry....:)

9. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

4 in my house, 3 are boys.....each young boy, each week, usually Sunday's, have 3 loads each. Me and the 3rd male in the house usually have about 3 loads every 2-3 weeks (all our work clothes are mostly dry clean). Thankfully, I do not feel like I do laundry all the time.

11. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

2 of us, usually do 4 loads per week including linens. Its the think I hate the most and don't know what I would do if I had to do it every day!

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I thought my kids were the only ones that threw their clean clothes in the basket cause they were too lazy to put them back in the closet!!!

I don't mind doing laundry, actually, but I do not like washing clean clothes! :evil:

13. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

My son does this too. It drives me INSANE!!!! I hate laundry!!! :)

14. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

LOVE the Mother's Curse!! LMAO

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I have no idea how many loads, it's endless.:boxing:

16. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

When we were growing up, we always used the same bath towel a few times. My moms concept was that you are drying what is supposedly a clean body with it, so it shouldn't be "dirty" after just one use. Well...when my mother remarried, she went from doing laundry for a family of 4 to a family of 8. My step-brothers and step-sister could not grasp her towel concept until she went on strike and left them towel-less! It was funny.... :jester:

17. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

We did the same thing growing up. I can't seem to get that concept in my kids heads. They use 2 towels every time they shower. I can never keeps the towels clean especially this weekend. I've had 3 teens in the house since Friday night. I think the last one just left.

When I lived by myself I might wash 4 loads every two weeks but now i'm washing every day. I probably do 6 to 8 loads a week and that doesn't include linens.

18. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

My kids have done this and DD still does sometimes, especially if she wants to clean her room quick and not put the clothes away!

19. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

We have 3 here now, DS has to do his own, but it seems like I am doing laundry all the time! It is endless.

The towel thing happens here also. DD seems to alwas use a clean towel. It is even more fun when your dryer's heating element goes out! LOL

20. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

4 of us here, and I only do my own laundry, I don't have anything special so I mix my darks and whites and towels, so I only do my 1 bin a week, maybe 2 if I do my sheets. Everyone else is responsible for their own laundry so I don't know and I don't care, that is their problem. I learned long ago to save my sanity, to let everyone do their own stuff. Kids clean their own bathroom and I don't go in there. They will eventually clean it when it gets real dirty. I can't stress everyone else's mess. So I am doing good.