Clayton Farm and Community Market

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by nsanemom22, Apr 3, 2009.

1. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

...opens tomorrow! Who's going?

2. Abdulina

Abdulina Well-Known Member

I'm going! Can't wait to check it out.

Stephanie--mom to 7

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I don't know if I'll make it tomorrow, but you can bet I will be going all summer! Woo Hoo!

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

where is it? I want to go too.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

You just wanna jump on the band wagon......I know how you are.

Craig

6. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

7. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

its the old dirt parking lot at lombard and main st. I may stop by tomorrow if I have time

8. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

This is inaccurate. That is where it should be but the previous poster is correct. It is on Main Street between Fayetteville and O'Neal. This is the old play ground for elementary and high school back in the old days.

9. mom2~1boy

mom2~1boy Guest

well thats just stupid, I thought it was originally suppose to be at lombard and main. why would they put it at o'neal and main.. just crazy!

10. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

just look for the crowd somewhere in downtown, ya know. lol

11. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

So, has anybody been yet? I wanted to go but the Dish Network guy got here early...

12. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

I don't know where all these street are. I have been to Clayton 2 times once when I Lost my cell phone on a Bike ride and the second was to go find it. ,,,,,,Never did. But what way are these streets. Right or left off Lombard st.?

13. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

DH and I went this morning. They had a good crowd for the 1st day. More like a flee market today. Craft, herbs, honey, carry bag, bakery, plants, etc. No vegetables but nothing in season this time of year. At least it is a start. I understand there will be a farmer from over Benson way involved when his vegetables are in season. If we get a good farm market with local vegetables it will be successful. It would be a great addition to downtown Clayton.

14. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

Awesome! I will definately have to check it out soon!! Thanks!

15. PoohBear

PoohBear Well-Known Member

Turn left on Main Street at the stop light at Lombard and Main. The Town Square is 3 blocks up Main Street on your left. Part grass and part parking lot.

16. Crysta

Crysta Guest

We were hugely disappointed. Although I didn't expect it to be anywhere near as big as the one in Raleigh, I still expected a little more to be going on, especially on opening day. There were literally 7 stands. One with honey, one with a very small selection of baked goods, one with a small amount of craft items and some mushrooms, two had starter plants and herbs (this got me excited and we will go back next weekend for some starter plants for the garden), one with medium sized home-made candles for $12 each, and one had some bags. We slowly browsed each stand and yet were there for less than 10 minutes. We spent $1... on a banana chocolate chip muffin that, although it was very good, contained exactly one chocolate chip. Luckily there were lots of yard sales this morning.

We also went to the frog festival today in Cary, which was great. I highly recommend this for anyone with kids next year. We brought a cooler for a picnic lunch, so the whole family was entertained for over 4 hours and it didn't cost us a single cent.

17. B&L'SMoM

B&L'SMoM Guest

I felt the same way There was not alot going on.Was there for 5 mins maybe.Ended up going to state farmer's market in raleigh.

18. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

This reminds me of that commercial where the guy sells hot dogs without the bun or Popsicle's without the stick.

It is called a Banana chocolate CHIP muffin, NOT a Banana chocolate CHIPS muffin.

19. seabee

seabee Guest

hey look it's not how they do it in new york you know, maybe they can learn something.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, gee folks. Let's give them the benefit of the doubt! It was COLD, it's still early in the season and it was their first day. I will check it out next weekend, I couldn't get down there the first day. We can either support our local folks trying to make a go of it, or **** and moan when it's gone. At least someone is trying!