Anyone participate in a food co-op?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by cathy0517, Apr 5, 2009.

1. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Cool, call me and let me know.

Got your message last night, but I was .... :twisted: :lol:

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

that's ok, sent ya a pm about what i was calling for.

3. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

I started another thread but thought I would post here too. (Ok Kaci told me to, lol) But they are willing to have a pick up point in Clayton if there are enough people interested. So I was trying to see if anyone was interested! PM me or post here if you would like....

4. falk25

falk25 Member

I am interested in a Clayton pickup! I am also interested in everyones boxes, so let us know once you get them... I really want to convince my husband to do this!

5. giapn73

giapn73 Well-Known Member

Clayton Pick up

I too would be interested in a clayton pick up!

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I ordered the single portion (for up to 3 people) and was very happy with what I got which was: 3 sweet potatoes, 2 tomatoes, 1 pint of strawberries, 6oz jar of honey, a bundle of asparagus, 4-5 small squash.

PS. A reminder for those who got boxes last week, you need to return the mesh bag (as well as the box and other containers) for them to reuse.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  7. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Ooops I didnt know that and tossed the little green buckets.

8. bandmom

:lol: LOL, oh well - they didn't specifically ask for those, but I'm sure they'd reuse them if you return them. I just put everthing back in the box after I used it. I just emailed her to ask about the mesh bag and she said they'd like it back to reuse.

9. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Clayton pick up!!!

Any people who expressed a desire for Clayton pick up.... we dont have enough to get our own pick up place, but I did work it out that we can pick up at the Clayton Farmers Market on Sat.

I need to know who would rather do that than Wed. (we still have to pre-order etc) So either contact them or pm me your real name and I will set it up. That is closer at least!

10. falk25

falk25 Member

Sorry, I'm new in town.... where is the Clayton Farmer's Market?

11. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

12. falk25

falk25 Member

I live in the Flowers area... dumb question alert- which is closer for me? lol I'm really interested in signing up!

13. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

Is everybody satisfied with their veggies from last week?

14. Pirate96

Pirate96 Guest

Best $28.00 we spent in a long time!

15. bandmom

the Clayton location would be closer for you. the other is on Cleveland sc rd, near the intersection of I40 and hwy 42 (exit 312).

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i thought it was great, both the guantity and the guality were great - can't wait to get my new box tonight:hurray:

17. lightningmcqueen

lightningmcqueen Well-Known Member

Taylee Organics

I just picked up my first box from Taylee Organic Farm off Powatan Rd. in Clayton. Can't wait for some fresh spinach tonight.

Here's the link for any Clayton folks interested:

www.tayleeorganics.com

18. Lynn38

Lynn38 Member

Does anyone know if the produce from Smith's Nursery's CSA program is organic? Is everyone still happy with what they are getting? It sounds great & I'm considering joining...

19. bandmom

I don't think it is - but you could check their website
    http://www.smiths-nursery.com/Doorstep Market - Index.htm

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

some of it is, it mentions organic on some of the items and yes i am still very happy with it - yea another box tonite:hurray: