A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

you could probably find enough other people here to get a group rate!! 8)

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Tell me about it!! I was ready to pull my hair out this weekend. :?

3. seabee

seabee Guest

Well its obvious than you ladies better get your act in tune than... :jester:

4. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm in! :lol:

Dag gone, this morning has been b-u-s-y!

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

glad you made it home safe, how's that screened in porch look. As for the divorcing part, can it just be one member of my family, if so i am so in.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My mother is married to a complete moron, and sometimes it's all I can do not to call him on it. Actually, DH did quite a bit this weekend. It was fun to watch. Idiot.

7. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

If in-laws count then I'm in!

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I'll go with you next year and act as your guard. They won't get through me!

9. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

Yeah I see that. At least now I remember why I stayed away for so long.

10. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm

Chik-fil-la was right on time for lunch today.

Had the fried chicken sandwich with extra pickles, large waffle fries, and finishing off my large lemonade as I sit here.

Craig

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Craig, I hope your metabolism catches up with you one day! :boxing:

Lunch today is carrots, celery and dill pickles with my fat free ranch dip, which honestly is not a bad lunch, but sounds a lot worse than Craigs Chic-Fil-A.

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I am in a rotten mood today. I still don't understand how I'm NOT allergic to anything according to the pulmonologist, yet I'm stuffy, nose is running like crazy, eyes feel puffy and runny, same as always this time of year. Oh, and I'm getting a lovely headach, and my kids couldn't care less...:nopity:

13. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Girl, I feel ya on the headache. I've taken 2 BC powders today already and am wishing I could just lay down and go to sleep.

14. CraigSPL

Start taking OTC generic Zyrtec. It has worked wonders for me. Went to the Dr. last year due to allergies, and they prescribed singulair, but at $45 a month for 30 pills versus the $20 for 45 pills of OTC generic Zyrtec, I'll take the generic Zyrtec.

And you just take one a day.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100094&id=prod3869285

You can also catch the BJ's version now and then and they come with 2 bottles of either 45 or 70 and run about $30.

Craig

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Does the Zyrtec make you sleepy? I knocks us OUT. Even my 9 year old was a zombie on Saturday. We had him take it the night before, but he was very sleepy Saturday, totally unlike him. DH says the allergies are easier to deal with that being zonked.

16. CraigSPL

Never had any problems what so ever with being zoned out while taking the stuff. Course I take mine daily when I get up in the mornings which may have something to do with it.

Craig

ps....I know that when taking singulair there are instrcutions on when to take it depending on why you are taking it. For example if it is allergy control they say to take it daily in the morning time, however is youare taking it help control asthema, they reccomend taking it about 30 minutes prior to going to bed. Don't honestly know what difference it would make, but those are the reccomendations.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  17. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I actually have singulair left over from my coughing spell that I can finish, and zyrtec as well. Hubby tried zyrtec but knocks him out as well...my cabinet is FULL of allergy/sinus meds, so I'm all set there! Just was waiting until bedtime to take something. Thanks for the ideas though!

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

all you need is claritin ( I use the walmart generic form of it, its dirt cheap, take it everyday, so does everyone in my family). You absolutely are suffering from seasonal allergies.

doctor schmoctor.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Weird how medicines affect folks differently.

20. CraigSPL

Don't know if it's due to my metabolism or what, but I usually have a very high tolerance for the effects of meds.

Craig