18 kids, 1 grandkid: Duggars announce pregnancy

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Sassygurl81, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/duggars_grandchild

SPRINGDALE, Ark. – Josh and Anna Duggar are following in the family tradition. Josh, the eldest of Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar's 18 kids, announced Monday that he and new bride Anna were about to start their own brood. The couple, who's been married since September, said Anna Duggar is due Oct. 18.

"I am three months right now and feeling great. Morning sickness is pretty much all gone, and so we're looking forward to the birth of our baby," Anna Duggar told NBC's "Today" show Monday.

The Duggars live in northwest Arkansas and are featured on the cable TV show, "18 Kids and Counting." Michelle Duggar most recently gave birth in December, to Jordyn-Grace. Along with Josh and Jordyn, Michelle and Jim Bob are parents to: Jana, 19; John-David, 19; Jill, 17; Jessa, 16; Jinger, 15; Joseph, 14; Josiah, 12; Joy-Anna, 11; Jeremiah, 10; Jedidiah, 10; Jason, 8; James, 7; Justin, 6; Jackson, 4; Johannah, 3; and Jennifer, 2.

Josh Duggar said he and his wife haven't yet picked out a name, but are leaning toward establishing a theme with the future children's names.

"We're pretty sure we're not going to go with J," Josh Duggar said.

Josh, who is 21, and Anna, who is 20, live in Springdale, where they run a car dealership. He said he and his new wife are frequently asked whether they'll have a large family.

"We have committed leaving that area up to God as far as our family size," he said.

Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar said they're thrilled to become grandparents, although the new baby won't be much older than their youngest, 4-month-old Jordyn.

"I had nieces and nephews that were about the same age as me, and it was great," said Michelle Duggar, who was the youngest of seven children. "I just enjoy growing up in a large family. I really think that Jordyn is going to have a lot with her new little friend coming."

2. monaco177

monaco177 Guest

Thats insane!!!! Too many kids for my taste. God Bless them, I don't know how they keep up with them. :ack:

3. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Wonder whats up with all the "J" names??

All the power to them !!

4. PBJtime

PBJtime Guest

How does a 20 yr old end up RUNNING a car dealership? Being part of a Freak Show really has it's advantages...

5. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

This family irritates me! :? I hope this kid and his wife have more sense than his parents, but by the looks of it probably not. Looks like she got pregnant very soon after the wedding!

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Why? The parents are married, they are self sufficient and not receiving any sort of aid. Might not be my cup of tea, but to each his own. Now, the Ocotomom (and who came up with that name????) needs to be neutered.

7. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree with you about Octomom - she's worse! I don't watch the show about this family, but a couple years ago I saw a special about them, I think right before they started the show when they had like 12 or 14 kids or something stupid like that. And they DID get aid, just not from the gov't, they had the church and all kinds of other people donating and helping them. So if you ask me, it's the same thing. If you can't afford your kids, don't have them. And they weren't raising their kids, their older kids were each raising one of the younger kids. Each older child had a younger child that was their "buddy" and they were responsible for that one every day, helping feed, bathe, clothe, get them to school, etc. That is not parenting if you ask me. It was just ridiculous. What kind of life are they leading? They can't lead a normal life, there's no way. I just don't agree at all. We all know they are not millionares, so no one in their right mind can look at that family, and say oh, they live debt free with no assistance and have 18 kids! Come on now!! :withstupid: (and I'm not calling you stupid, just the general public that buys into that, or octomom, or whoever else that does this crazy stuff to get attention)

Then I read online yesterday that octomom could be getting her own tv show???? God I hope no one watches it!!! I actually have not read any article until that one yesterday, and that was only to find out which tv station was stupid enough to give her a show, but it didn't say. And I don't watch any shows she's on either (if she's on any, which I'm sure she is) because I don't want to give her any of my attention, she's a NUT!!!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, it's a free country and as long as it works for them.........who's to say. I sure as HECK wouldn't want 18 kids, but it's not all that unusal or creepy to me. I've posted berfore about my grandfather having 18 living brothers and sisters, I've got more relatives than you can shake a stick at. Yes, I'm aware that occured pre-birth control, but still. Reproductive freedom runs both ways.

9. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I don't have enough time and LOVE to go around for 18 kids and still not be done having them, and then to try and start loving 50 million grandkids! Forgettaboutit......... I think she is selfish and the dad need to have his you know what severed!

10. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I know back in the "old" days it was different, everone had a lot of kids. But things were different back then, people either didn't know what they know now, or they had to have the kids to take care of farms, etc. Not saying it was right, but that's just what everyone did. My mom is 1 of 6, dad is 1 of 9. And my granparents were 1 of 12 and 1 of 16 (I think). Yep, I've got relatives coming out of the wordwork!!! And my family reproduces like rabbits too, which is why I've got 3, and I'm one of the smaller families!! :mrgreen: But I knew when to stop...although I'm the first to admit I'd love to have more, lots more, which is why we can't have more!! Hubby and I both admit we'd have at least one more by now, maybe 2 if we could, so thank god we can't!!!

11. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I think it's great and more power to them! They are self sufficient (even if they have gotten help in the past, that's nothing to be ashamed of) and I think they're wonderful parents. They're involved and loving and take great care of their children. They work hard to teach the kids great values and are raising them to be wonderful people. I don't see any problem with the kids have chores or the older ones helping with the younger ones. I expect my 6 year old to keep an eye on my 3 year in the playroom while I cook dinner, and to help him get his shoes on in the morning. She's obviously not raising him. Also you only see part of the story on TV, so it would be wrong to judge them. From what I've seen, all of the children get lots of love and attention. I think they're great parents and shouldn't be judged poorly because of the number of children they've decided to have. They're not running a sweat shop or making them work 10 hours a day on the farm.

12. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

:iagree: I think they are awesome parents and the kids love and respect each other. I don't think the older ones are raising the younger ones. They are just helping. I never heard that they got any help. I know Mr. Duggar used to be a real estate agent and they don't believe in debt. I watch this show every week and I don't think they are crazy for having 18+ kids. The mother used to be on birth control but had a miscarriage. After that they refused to use any kind of birth control. They believe in letting god control how many kids they have.

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

DMJmom - you should read this family's latest book. They know more about hard work and sacrifice than most Americans.

14. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I am aware of how frugal and efficient they are, but I remain unconvinced that they can raise 18 children on one income and not live in squalor. They must be getting help from somewhere. I suppose they pay very little taxes, if any.

15. siameselover

siameselover Well-Known Member

they had investments and now they get money for their show,just like jon and kate, i dont agree with having that many kids, but if they support them more power to them!

16. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Or either worked hard to get what he has.

You think they do that TV program for free? or the Book deal? The book deal alone could probably pay their mortgage for a year or so. :?

It really saddens me how so many people judge other people for what they have worked for and the call them odd or nit-pick at mundane aspects of their lives.

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Who had the picture "VAGINA not a Clown Car"? :mrgreen:

18. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

:iagree:

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. The Duggars are a testament to self-sufficiency and responsibility. I hope all of their children have their values and common sense, the world would be a better place if more people did.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

IIRC their house is paid for? They started with a metal building and did the work themselves.