Burger King

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by kdc1970, Apr 14, 2009.

1. meg

meg Well-Known Member

I have seen it several times and thought it was funny. The advertisement is geared towards the adults not the children and everytime I have seen it, it has been on after 9pm when the younger children should be in bed anyway.

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sorry haven't seen it, that is what DVRs are for, no commercials:lol:

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think it is inappropriate, even if it is geared towards adults. I saw it on late night TV last weekend and thought it was a spoof. But hey, sex sells I guess. This is where we are headed. The bar is continuously raised and soon nothing will be risque. We can just let it all hang out and throw decency and common sense out the window for some cash and a good time because that is really what's most important.

4. Gabi

Gabi Member

No TV

This is one of the many reasons we have do not have regular TV at home. It's not just the shows but now the commercials that need to be screened. We have a television that we play Wii and for movies that we can watch on DVD. It's all a waste of time and money and if I need to find something out, I can go to the internet. It has opened up an entire new way of thinking for us, my dd doesn't get "brain drain", watching a movie that we all want to see is great family time and is a treat now, no to mention we have saved money by not having to have cable. We also got rid of the house phone, but that's another topic.

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Got the western bacon burger, while standing in line ordering some one walked by with an order of chili cheese fries, so I added those as well and a large drink.

Now that I am back at work and looking at the size of the burger, I'm glad I got the chili cheese fries, and the burger is a little on the small side for me.

Craig

6. DAVIDMILLER1

DAVIDMILLER1 Well-Known Member

I thought it was pretty funny...

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

good grief....will you at least have indigestion? :lol:

8. CraigSPL

probably not.....but I do have half a twix candy bar to eat for dessert.

Craig

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, Cleo, I guess we are just some uptight moms then. 8)

But we won't be going to Burger King, and my son won't be watching TV when that commercical comes on. Problem solved for me.

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Yup, just one more place I can boycott. :cool:

11. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

WHERE????? I miss Carl's Jr. and was happy when they bought Hardee's. However I haven't seen where they had a Western Bacon Cheeseburger (except for the first month after the buyout).

Where are they still selling Western Bacon Cheeseburgers, please?

12. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Maybe if enough people complain they'll pull it like they did here.

They must be trying out a new ad agency. Wonder how long they'll be under contract...:lol:

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

If Craig went to Hardee's at lunch, then he went to the one up 70 across from the Walmart in Clayton.

14. CraigSPL

The Hardee's across from the walmart in Clayton has them, but they are tagged as a limited time only burger.

Craig

15. Clif001

Clif001 Guest

Thanks to both. Went to the Hardee's site and got a coupon for $1 off. :)

Guess what I'm having for dinner tonight. :hurray:

16. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yep, I saw the headline earlier and thought it was about this commercial, just to find out they shot themselves in the foot over commercial.

17. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I hate to admit it, but I had no idea that the SpongeBob thing was at BK until this thread and as a result I purchased one tonight for my son. Their evil advertising is working. People get talking and the word gets out.

18. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

Just what the advertising companies intended.. :cheers:

19. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

The American CSI factor. Marketing to the masses at it's best.

If it's Controversial & Sensationalized the Idiots will love it.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Do you ever get tired of being condescending?