Churches - Where to go?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, Apr 16, 2009.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

Shiloh is nice and worth the visit...

2. Bren

Bren Well-Known Member

:iagree:

3. ECAVE

ECAVE Well-Known Member

Me and my family attend and are members of Friendship Baptist Church @ MCRs. We are a traditional congregation, but we share the same beliefs that you have shared in this thread. we would love to have you attend.
    PM me if you would like to come and I will be looking for you. Sundays we have SS @ 10 am beginning in the sanctuary with a song and devotion, worship service @ 11. Sunday evening @ 7pm, and Wednesday @ 7 for AWANA and 7:30 for bible study.

ECAVE

4. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Hickory Grove Advent Christian Church seems to have both traditional and contemp. components. The pastor is easy to understand and his love for the Lord shines! DH and I are going to be visiting SMithfield AC CHurch on 210 because the former Assoc. Pastor of Hickory Grove is now Pastor there. In case you are wondering, Advent Christian is kinda like a combo of baptist and methodist.

5. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

10-4, I'm with you 100%.

By restrictions I meant don't put any conditions on God's plan for where He wants you to go. And it doesn't sound like you have.

6. poptart4breakfast

poptart4breakfast Well-Known Member

I go to Raleigh First Assembly of God. It is a little bit of a drive, off Blue Ridge Road next to Crabtree Valley Mall, but it is so worth it!

7. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

I've visited your church. Went to a prophecy conference awhile back. Had some great praise and worship time before the speaker.

I go by there all the time since it's in my assigned work area.

8. JCoRes

JCoRes Well-Known Member

Not too far from your way ..

On Guy Road is a good church ... Crossroads Church.

Its pretty much contemporary - not Huge - very friendly.

They have website - just google it.

I admit I don't know much more about it since I mentioned google it because I've only been once myself & plan going again.

9. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

or anyone else that believes in God.

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Not true, I would say that over 50% of them believe in a god.

12. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

yea but they probably worship a towel or something else repugnant.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Like a College Sports Team? :jester:

14. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Could you harrass Hugh on another thread, please?

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

You're not the boss of me.

16. Thanks so much everyone

I was expecting to get a few responses, but it's so nice of all these helpful people to tell me about their churches. We are planning on visiting one of them starting this Sunday. And I didn't want this to turn into a dispute. :) Sorry! I did have one concern, if 50% of the congregation in the unitarian universalists church believe in Jesus, what do the other 50% believe in? How are the kids taught in Sunday School? Do they learn about Jesus and everyone else? That seems really confusing to me.

17. seabee

seabee Guest

Well they've yet to figure that one out themselfs... :jester::jester:

18. seabee

seabee Guest

She did say please... 8)

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

20. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I said more than 50% believe in a god, my bet would be that over 90% believe there was a Jesus. Last survey of the membership indicated that less than 20% of the membership was Christian.

Yes, in Sunday school they learn about "Jesus and everyone else" so that they can seek out their own spiritual path.

http://www.uufr.org/