Churches - Where to go?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, Apr 16, 2009.

1. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Turn before you burn, hippie.

2. hmmm

:?Christians name-calling...what a witness

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

4. Service time?

Someone may have already told me, but what time does Shiloh's service start? I think someone told me 11:00, but I wanted to make sure.

5. seabee

seabee Guest

10:30

6. JustMe

JustMe Well-Known Member

Capital City Christian Church

Here's another one for you to try. It's located near the NC State campus. Not too big...not too small.

http://www.c4church.com/

7. Thanks Seabee

8. seabee

seabee Guest

Anytime just don't get used to it... :jester: J/K... :cheers:

9. SubMom727

SubMom727 Well-Known Member

Mom - would love to have your family visit at Hocutt Memorial. We are located at the corner of Robertson and Horne Streets in Clayton. We have 2 services on Sunday morning. The first beginning at 8:30 which is our praise & worship service. We do have a praise & worship team at this service. Our second service begins at 11:00 and is our more traditional service. We have a full choir and the music is a mixture of praise & worship and hymns. Dr. Steve Roy is our pastor and he teaches strictly from the Word. If you and your family are looking for "fluff preaching" - then HMBC is not for you. You did not mention the ages of your girls, but we do offer a good children's ministry and also youth ministry. I would be happy to "pm" with you about what our church has to offer if you are interested. Best wishes in finding the place that God would have you and your family serve.

10. teach

teach Active Member

We go to New Life Wesleyan on Hwy 50 (past Ken's produce)
    A good combination on traditional and contemp. (Wesleyan is somewhere in the between Baptist and Methodist)

service starts at 10:30

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Sword Of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly, which is located just off State Road 23 on the Frontage Road.

12. cceeyore

cceeyore Guest

True North Church is all about Jesus and following Him. We meet at White Oak Cinema Sundays at 10:00am. Praise band every Sunday ... sing a lot of Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, etc. Every once in a while, we get a hymn thrown into the mix. Wear your jeans, shorts, t's ... whatever you want. Your kids will have a great time in their classes!

13. We live pretty close to this church and I always wondered what Wesleyan meant? Thanks for the info!

14. I was actually just looking at True North's Website. It does look really interesting.

15. Neighborhood MoM

Neighborhood MoM Well-Known Member

Has anyone invited you to go to Elizabeth UMC yet? Let me be the first.

We are a small church. But a growing church. I know a church is what the members make of it. Also the Pastor and the message of the service goes along with all the above. Our Pastor is Judi J.Smith. She preaches a wonderful service. We have a children choir, which is growing. Our Sunday service starts 9:30 Am and we are located on Cleveland School Rd going towards the back way to Smithfield. Sunday school starts at 11:00 Am . We started going a few months ago and we have found that it is not to large for us. There are 85 members and our pastor takes the time to say hello to each and everyone in a very warm way and thank you for coming. I am not sure what you would like to find in a home church, but we would love to have your family and you to come to visit us to get a feeling of what we are like and if it is what you are looking for. Visitors are always welcomed. No matter were your family ends up going I hope you find a someplace that makes you want to come every Sunday and you get that warm feeling when you walk into church and know that you are were you want to be. Please come join us Sunday. We would love to meet you and have you get a sense of what we are like there. The phone number to contact our church for any questions you may have is 919-989-8121 or visit our website at www.elizabethumc.org. Ps. Sorry for running on about the church, but it is a great place for me. I felt right at home. They welcomed me and my family in the wonderful hugs you get in the South.

16. Sword of Joshua...

Gowulfpack - "Sword Of Joshua Independent Full Gospel Pentecostal Assembly, which is located just off State Road 23 on the Frontage Road."

Oh yeah, Billy Ray Collins is the pastor. :lol:

17. cceeyore

cceeyore Guest

We really like TNC. We have been there almost a year and have really felt at home. Our dd loves going to her class (sometimes she is in the "classroom" (movie theater) before I get her signed in!). I hope you guys come visit!

18. Karmol

Karmol Well-Known Member

First Baptist Church of Garner

I LOVE this church!! We have attended here for years and have been very happy. We have a blended service. We always have both contemporary songs and at least on good ole hymn.
    The music is amazing!!! We have such great talent, it is a joy to listen. We have two services one starting at 9:00, the other at 10:30. We would love for you to give it a try. I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have, but from what I have read in this thread it may be a great fit!

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Is Shiloh pretty conservative or is it contemporary? i live within view of it and most the time i see folks totally dressing and i know i will never get DH in the door if he cannot wear jeans.

20. litebritegrl

litebritegrl Member

2 Great Churches

I worked at Hocutt Memorial Baptist for almost a year before I moved away. I can honestly say it is such a warm, inviting environment. The style and worship music is a very nice blend of both. I think they still have rotating praise teams and a choir. Great, thriving kids ministries and activities. Great women's ministries. The pastor's teaching is very solid from what I hear. The people are so so friendly, and lots of areas to serve and get involved.

True North is also great too. Small but growing if you are looking for something smaller. Very friendly and inviting people. More to the contemporary side, but some traditional in there too. The pastor is great, good communicator and solid teaching.:)