Churches - Where to go?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, Apr 16, 2009.

1. seabee

seabee Guest

I've seen jeans a plenty, even shorts, not that I would wear any there... shorts that is.

2. Hoof-Hearted

Hoof-Hearted Well-Known Member

Thats because you have Chicken Leggs.

But the Crurches arround the neighborhood are all extreamly Diverse. Not to Knock one over the Other . C-3 To me is just a Money pit. and They even d background Checks on you. I think a Church has no right to do those things,I think it is none of their Buiseness How much Money you make.
    I have been to several and they are Extreamly Diverse. so I just Suggest Try one one sunday, If you dont like it try another un till you feel comfortable.

3. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

i second this one!

4. granola acres mayor

KC, Try tmbc hubby and i go to the 11 am service. and DD goes to awanas on Sunday evening.

5. granola acres mayor

HUH!!!! WHAT R U TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!

6. seabee

seabee Guest

LOL... chicken legs... 8)

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

are you serious??

8. twowaz2fal

twowaz2fal Well-Known Member

I've read through and I haven't see our church mentioned. It is on 401 just outside of Fuquay and it is called Church Alive. It is an Assembly of God church, the music is contemporary and the Pastor does adhere to the new "dress code" you mentioned. But we searched a lot of churches around here and this is the best one we've found for teaching from the Word. The childrens' classes are excellent and there are lots of opportunities to get involved. We have service at 6 pm on Saturday and 10 am on Sunday. From this area, we take Hwy 42 to Hilltop Rd and turn right to 401 and turn right. It's on the left in a mile or so.

9. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Dr. Curt Watke, President of the Intercultural Institute for Contextual Ministry in Nort Agusta, Ga. writes; "Churches have their own culture. Each church, therefore, will attract certain kinds of people and will actually repel other kinds of people. Some people will come into your church and will immediately feel at home and will consider your church a warm and friendly church. Others will come into your church and will leave believing your church to be cold and unfriendly. I have read that people can sense whether they belong in a church in the first half-minute of entering, and that most people decide in the first eleven minutes whether they will return. Much of it is a matter of cultural affinity."
    That being said I believe everyone should visit several different churches before making the decision on a church home. Once you find the right church for you and your family be active and support the ministry. But don't throw rotten eggs on any church just because you did not like it.

10. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Our church does background checks if you are working in the children's ministry. As a parent, I am thankful they do so!

11. KellBell

yes, I can see that....but he said, to see how much you make. :?

12. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

my mouth fell open! nothing is surprising there anymore!

13. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

Really? I missed that. Do they truely do that?

14. KellBell

I dunno, that's why I was asking. :)

15. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Hopefully its just another C3 urban legend. I would hate to think that a church would do that, although I have heard of churches that ask for your W2 to see how much you make and then make you pledge 10% of your income. :?

16. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It may be very common, but the only person that needs to see my W-2 is my accountant. :?

18. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Oh, I certainly agree that tithing is expected and should be done! But I don't agree someone from the church should be looking at my income and telling me what I'm expected to give, and then calling you on it at the end of the yr if you didn't give appropriately. What I give is between me and the Lord.

19. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

True, but most churches use the honor system, don't they? 8)

20. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Exactly bandmom, that is what I was thinking, what I tithe or what I don't tithe is up to me and the Lord, not the finance committee at any church.