Churches - Where to go?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by crazymom2girls, Apr 16, 2009.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

huh?? you mean if you are a member, right?

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yes - I thought we were still talking about W2 question/requirement for members.

Some churches keep records of contributions for non-members as well so they can send them a statement at the end of the yr - unless its given in cash and no name on the tithe envelope.

3. KellBell

we were. I was going to propose the act of cash and how they would know, but you covered that too.

I asked my co-worker what she thought of that, the salary disclosure on joining as a member, and she never answered. She isn't a member, but still donates her time to the nursery as well as attending regularly. I still think its an odd concept to do that. Do other churches do that?

4. seabee

seabee Guest

So I guess C-3 and I have something in common with you.... :jester::jester:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, LOL

Just trying to figure it all out. Never heard of a church keeping such close tabs on the members checking account. It's weird and instrusive to me. But hey, once again, differernt strokes.

6. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

None that I've ever been a member of or associated with. :?

7. KellBell

I agree....weird and intrusive.....glad to know it's not just me.

8. seabee

seabee Guest

I am with you on this, no Church will see me walk thru the door if the main concern is how much I give... you hear enough of the stories about this place, where there is smoke there is fire.

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, churches need money to function, but dern. There are ways to give of yourself other than money. Sometimes there more month than money you know?

10. seabee

seabee Guest

exactly... time given to the Church as a volunteer is as much important as cash.

11. THANK YOU TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SENT ME PRIVATE MESSAGES ABOUT THEIR CHURCHES! I haven't responded individually to all of them, but thank you so much for taking the time to tell me about your church. It is awesome that we have so many people that love their churches. I hope I can be one of those one day SOON! Several of the chuches everyone has mentioned we've already visited, but I tempted to try them again out of maybe a bad first experience! You know, years ago we visited a church that was having some sort of feud, and a guy in the congregation "kicked" all the visitors out. For some reason, we had a feeling he didn't represent the rest of the church. We gave it another try and we stayed there for 4 years until we moved to Johnston County! As a interesting note, that guy never came back to the church! He didn't like the pastor, but apparently he was alone on that opinion.

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

that is how C3 used to be when i joined, i hope the rumors are just that, rumors.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

it may be that and I certainly don't know it first hand, all speculation on my part. There does seem to be a lot of these stories out there and some from those that have been there, all Churches at one point or another seem to face issues along the way. It's the devil working to destroy Gods word possibly. 8)

14. ObSeRvInG

ObSeRvInG Active Member

I am a member of C3 - have been for a little over 2 years. I volunteered in the Children's ministry up until a couple of months ago. Here is my personal experience:
    No one ever asked me for any personal financial records. My tithe was between me and God - the church never asked for more or questioned what I gave.
    You do have to agree to a criminal background check in order to volunteer in the children's ministry.
    I have friends at the church, of course, and have never heard any of them talk about having to provide personal financial records to the church. It may be different for paid staff - I never have asked any of them.

15. seabee

seabee Guest

thanks Matt F

16. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

she said "Please" meanie!!!!!

17. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

This is the original post. Notice that she is not interested in C3 at all. So why is there a discussion about C3 at all??????????

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thread drift. Happens all the time. What's the big deal? Anything to hide?

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

...and as an unwritten rule all church threads drift to the topic of 3C.

ok maybe not all of them but damn near all! :jester:

20. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

I thought that was a rule! Glad I'm not the only one. :jester: