Accident on Hwy 50 @ S. Pleasant Coates Rd.

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by MamaApe, Apr 19, 2009.

1. barefootlady2

barefootlady2 New Member

Accident on Hwy 50

I saw this child yesterday just a short time before this must of happened. I remember thinking, I hope he stops and does not pull out from the grassy area on Pleasant Coates Rd onto Hwy 50. Then my next thought was God that is not safe.... The Bikers' For Christ Church was just letting out and there was alot of traffic on hwy 50 at the time.
    He at that time did not have on any protective gear, not to say he did not later put it on.

It saddens me when a senseless death happens to a child. My daughter knew him very well and is very upset to hear about his death. The Middle school needs to have more help to assist students with this tragedy that they are going through.

My heart & Prayers go out to the Parents of this child, and know that he is now in God's arms.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:cry::cry::cry:

3. sheblondy

sheblondy Well-Known Member

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. My son played baseball with Brandon. He was such a sweet boy with an awesome circle of friends and family. I hope they have counselors for the children at McGees as well as Cleveland Middle, because he was loved by so many at each school.
    Deepest Sympathy from the Maze and Fitzgerald household.

4. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

So sad for all involved .....also remember the driver of the truck. Sounds like it was an unavoidable accident and you know the driver feels just awful.........:cry: :grouphug:

5. tammyfisher

tammyfisher Guest

I live on the corner of Hwy 50 and South Pleasant, we saw him riding alot throughout the weekend down South Pleasant and in the field across the street (where the new church is getting ready to be built). I'm not sure if he had any protective gear on at the time either but I know he didn't when we saw him riding eariler. But with that kind of impact it may not have even made a difference.

I so feel for these parents, the brother and the guy how hit him. My prayers go out to all of them!!

6. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Motorcycle Accident Claims Life Of 14 Year-Old
    [​IMG]
    A 14 year-old Benson youth died Monday morning as a result of injuries he sustained in an accident Sunday. Fourteen year-old Brandon Spence of 8851 NC 50 North, died from injuries as a result of a crash on Highway 50 about nine miles north of Benson. Troopers said Spence drove his motorcycle into the path of a pickup truck about a quarter mile from his home. The driver of the truck, Jerry Glenn Johnson of NC55, Dunn was not injured and will not face any charges, according to Highway Patrol Sgt. Clark White. Spence was transported to WakeMed. He died Monday morning as a result of his injuries. Spence was one of 17 people who were killed in nine separate accidents across North Carolina this past weekend. Seven of the victims were not wearing seat belts. Three people died Saturday in a crash in Columbus County. Two died in a motorcycle crash in Wayne County. A head on collision in Transylvania County on Sunday resulted in 6 fatalities, including the deaths of three children, ages 7, 8 and 9. Photo by Carter Rabil

7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family and to the driver. :cry::cry::grouphug::grouphug:

8. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

:iagree: There just aren't enough words to express my sympathy.

9. sarahmama

sarahmama Well-Known Member

As a mother, my heart just aches for this family. I can't imagine their loss right now. I just pray that God will give them strength through all of this.

10. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

How horrible :( Thoughts and prayers go out to the families
    :grouphug:

11. sarahmama

Let's also not forget that gentleman that was in the truck. I want to pray for him and his strength also.

12. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Meaning we should!

I feel for everyone involved.

13. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Obviously, we send heartfelt sympathies to the families involved.

Not to be Johnny Raincloud, here. Parents, please make sure that you talk with your children about riding their vehicles safely, especially that unlicensed vehicles/unlicensed operators should remain OFF the roads and highways.

14. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Visitation ande funeral arrangements:

Visitation for Brandon Spence will be at McLaurin's Funeral Home on
    Wensday 4-22-2009 from 7:00 to 9:00. P.M.
    Funeral service will be on Thursday 4-23-2009 at 2:00 P. M., Shiloh Baptist Church.

Thoughts and prayers are with his family

15. sarahmama

That's how I meant that.....not that I just want to, but that I am praying for him. Sorry.

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

and we mentioned him early on in the thread, the driver. He isn't forgotten.

17. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

My roommates Son called last night and before she could even ask him about Brandon, turns out he knew him well. He was a great kid, honor roll and popular..
    He said they didn't do much in school yesterday and they had people there to talk to the kids and the teacher were just as equally upset as the kids.
    It was a long and hard day yesterday he said and I'm sure it will be for a long while.
    My thoughts and prayers are still going out there for both families!
    Sheri

18. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

ds called me as soon as he got home to ask me if i had heard. he said all his teachers talked to them about what happened to Brandon and how they should always be safe and aware of their surroundings.

this has really bothered me.....i am so sad for all the families involved! could be any one of our kids folks! squeeze em extra tight! or could have been any of us driving that truck.

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

So sad ... .. I heard about the accident in Columbus county in the news clip over the weekend.. The groom, best man (or groomsman) and ring bearer were killed by a drunk driver an hour before the wedding. The sadness of all these accidents just stabs ya right in the heart... It's always hard for me to shake. Prayers and healing wishes for all the families... :cry:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  20. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

:iagree: