A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. ShrtnSwt

ShrtnSwt Well-Known Member

I was a good teenager! I would have NEVER acted the way my teen does. Or I would have no teeth in my mouth!

2. seabee

seabee Guest

was your punishment not taking you to the dentist????

3. ShrtnSwt

Ha ha Seabee. I would have gotten slapped in the mouth if I talked the way my teenager talked to me this morning!

I got our cell bill yesterday and I have it detailed. Found out he has been talking to a girl at 1 am on school nights. I went in to talk to him about it and his attitude sucked. "Just take the phone away and punish me. I don't want to talk about it!" And then he looked away from me. It took alot of self control not to yank him and tear his butt up. It wasn't what he said it was how he said it. I dare never speak to my dad that way!

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

People get on my damn nerves

5. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

why didn't you? Why did you let him get away with it?

6. seabee

seabee Guest

but I still like you... :grouphug:

7. seabee

seabee Guest

you tell her,,, bring back corporal punishment for the good of character...

8. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Yeah I talked to my dad in that tone 2 times. Both times I got the taste knocked outta my mouth. :lol:

My mom on the other hand... sheesh. But now, by the way we are, you would have never known we were arch enemies. 8)

9. ShrtnSwt

He isn't getting away with it. We had alot going on last night so tonight he is gonna have it out with me. He has lost computer and phone priviledges! I went on one of his accounts and was reading his messages between him and this girl and the language that he used on there shocked the living heck out of me!
    I keep saying private school in my head but can't afford that. LOL

10. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Why do babies, kittens and puppies have to grow up?!?

11. KellBell

he would have clothes and food. :banghead:

one of mine just got back his 'cool' clothes and 'cool' shoes. He has been wearing khaki shorts and plain t-shirts, for about a month. Took the music and anything that made music. Took the skateboard, skate hoodies, took the gaming system out his room AND I went to school with him for two days, and was his shadow. Every class, all day. What did he do you ask? He told the Spanish teacher, and the entire class, that "he was retarded". On day one of my 'shadowing' with him all day, I also made him stand before the Spanish class and apologize. Needless to say, he was mortified with my presence. I will do whatever it takes, even if I shame him into submission.

I am happy to report his attitude is greatly improved, other than the occasional eye roll.

12. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

KB,
    Outstanding! If only more parents would choose to follow through like you.
    Salute!
    H6

13. ShrtnSwt

I told Short one that I would do the "shadowing" thing too.

Well the teenager is joining the jrrotc next year so let's pray it changes his attitude.

14. seabee

seabee Guest

LOL... now that is funny stuff.

15. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

You can do that...shadow your kids in school? Hmmm...good to know, thanks. 8)

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

My new hero! <<note to self-file away for future use>>

17. KellBell

thanks for the salute, though not necessary! It's my job as his parent to make sure he is a productive member of society. Even Middle School society. :lol:

I was sick that he used that expression in front of the entire class. I said, what if the teacher's mother or daughter or husband has some kind of disability or mental issue? or any of your classmates FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! He felt horrible after I explained it like that.

18. ShrtnSwt

I have had to have the discussion with the boys about using that word also b/c I use to work with mentally and physically handicapped children a long long time ago. And you know I don't think they understand til it's explained to them that word is very demeaning!

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I just got done paying for my son's mouth - to the tune of 3500 out of pocket.

20. ShrtnSwt

Oh Short one's teachers (same teachers as KB's boys) have already told Short one that I am more than welcome to follow him through out the day!