Dryer repair

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by rjfields, May 6, 2009.

1. rjfields

rjfields Well-Known Member

anybody know anyone who fixes dryers???? like i don't have enough to do in my life I am now trying to get my dryer back on line so the family will have clean clothes YAY :)

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

3. rjfields

thanks

4. seabee

seabee Guest

monnacco

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

For what it will cost to fix it, you could buy a new one?

6. rjfields

I got a guy from Stewarts Appliance and Gas (Bobby Ross) out of Clayton to repair it. It cost $103 to fix parts and labor. A new dryer would have been at the low end around $270-$300. So fixing it was the better option. So here is my ringing endorsement for a local guy who has fair prices and does quick and FRIENDLY work

Stewarts Appliance and Gas
    919 553 6205

7. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

Bobby has been in the business a long time. Kinda like the "Maytag Repairman" of Clayton. I always found him and his former boss, Allen Stewart, to be honest, qualified and dependable. Plus as you stated he is a "local guy".

8. crunchymom

crunchymom Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest him as well, he's my grandfather-in-law! :D

9. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest him too. He lives right up the street from my and my husband says he is very nice and even told my husband a few things to check out before we bought a new heating element.

10. GarnerHome

GarnerHome Well-Known Member

I used this guy (Bobby Ross) today. Really liked him, he came the same day I called, and his price to fix the dryer was real reasonable. Thanks for the recommendations I was able to glen from "lurking."