Senior Portraits . . . Let's talk $

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, May 6, 2009.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Yes ma'am, just to add him to your existing policy as an occasional driver, you can expect to see about a $200 a month increase.

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Then I guess he can expect to be walking. :lol:

3. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I concur. We added 1 car and 1 teen driver and insurance went from $135 a month to $374/month.

4. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Speaking of portraits.....I dabble in amatuer photography....so if you decide to just do the one picture for the year book, and want someone to do the other ones, call me.....maybe we can work something out?

5. michelle

Well since they are twins you could just get 1 picture package:mrgreen:

And I like the idea of one license as long as they always ride together.

6. seabee

seabee Guest

Put their butts to work when they turn 14 and let them worry about that. :cheers:

7. seabee

seabee Guest

4 yrs here...

8. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I LOL'd when I read this and thought, Yeah, that'll work right until the first cute girl bats her eyes at 'em, and suggests giving her his class ring shows they're exclusive to each other (or whatever the current slang is..FWBs, goign steady, hanging together...)

Good Luck...

9. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

do they still do that? girls wearing the guys class ring?

I tell ya, if it's hundreds of dollars to purchase, it surely isn't going to have wax dripped in it for some girl to wear.:evil:

10. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

great idea!! :cheers:

where?

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I don't think they still do that - but I could be wrong.......wouldn't be the first time :lol:

12. michelle

I don't think so either. I remember when I got my class ring I gave it to my boyfriend to wear on a necklace and my daddy had a fit when he saw it and made him give it back to me.

I still have that ring, I just wish I could still wear it. :mrgreen:

13. bandmom

Thats the sad thing - I have no idea what happened to mine.......:cry:
    When my kids got theirs - we didn't go all out, I know we got the titanium ones. My dd chose one that doesn't really look like your typical class ring - hopefully she'll continue to wear it at least thru college. :?

14. bandmom

:shock: so you pay over $4000 a yr for car ins?! Maybe you need to shop around - cause we have 4 drivers (one inexperienced) and we pay about 1/2 that.

15. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Apparently DS will be walking everywhere he goes. Holy Moly! :shock::shock::shock:

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Walking is very good for you. 8)

17. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That's my plan. My son is saving for his car as I type. I already told him he better pick up more hours or do odd jobs for the insurance and gas.

18. michelle

No, duh. Sorry! We pay $374 for 8 of 12 months so we pay 2992 which is still too much. I carry collision on 2 of the cars even though they are paid off.

19. bandmom

Whew! ok, much better! :lol:

20. michelle

I just got lucky! My boss (who is a GREAT photographer) is going to take the pics for me! I'm working on getting her to set up a website so she can offer a VERY affordable alternative to those price gougers.

I called Prestige a little while ago and I was told that the packages this year are going to range from $190 to $615.

For $190 you get (2) 5 x 7's, (4) 4 x 5's and 32 wallets. The $615 package gives you 75 "points" to use to buy photos. For example, an 8 x 10 is 3 points, the proof set is 6 points, etc.

Too rich for my blood.