Senior Portraits . . . Let's talk $

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by michelle, May 6, 2009.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I think I'll just photoshop my kids faces onto other folks pics that paid the 615.00. :lol:

2. snowdio

snowdio Well-Known Member

SEARS only charged $99

I got a senior package for my daughter last year for $99 from Sears. Not sure if they have the same special but it was on ly $99 FOR THE ENTIRE package including the pictures

3. All Children First

All Children First Well-Known Member

I'm confused. (It's been a long week.) SO...

Do they take pictures for the year book at school for seniors? (Like everyone else, no sitting fee?) Do they do the drapes for these?

Are the pictures you are talking about the ones to send out with announcements (so you could do them yourselves if you wanted and have a good camera)?

Also, out of curiosity, what are the following costs:
    prom ticket (single/couple)
    cap and gown
    announcements (if done through the school...maybe they don't do that anymore)

When I graduated, cap and gown was minimal and required to go through with graduation, the announcements weren't too bad. I'm just wondering since I'll have one in high school after one more year.

4. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

DS had to get his school pic done at Prestige, they did not do one at school. I just got my proofs and that was it.

As far as ones you send in the announcements, those are ones you can do yourself or go some place that is cheaper. I think the packages at prestige are way too high!!

Not sure what Prom tickets were this year. When DS went to his Jr prom we paid $75...he did not have to pay anything for his Sr year because he did some fundraising during his other 3 years.

Announcements, cap & gown and all that stuff was ordered at school, but it still cost us a fortune!!! We didn't even get everything that all the other kids did.

Start saving now because that last year of school costs a fortune.

5. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Give Dana Ashlyn Photograph in Clayton a call. She will do an excellent job on the senior pictures for you. If you are going to send the money get what you want. If you can't find her # Pm me and I will get it for you. She is located behind Rainbow Lanes in Clayton.

6. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Prom tickets were $35 each this year.

7. seabee

seabee Guest

contact some of the local farms or horse stables for a start.

8. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

That sure beat what I had to pay for his his Jr year. What was bad is that he took a date and told her we would pay for hers too so it doubled!!

I know I have to really start saving my pennies. DD will be a Jr next year. LOL Already having to make payments on a class ring! It is that Ultrium, smaller than DS's and is costing me almost twice as much!!! I done told her that it does not go to any boy and heaven forbid if she looses it.

I still have mine from when I graduated. Can't wear it any more, but I only paid a faction of what they cost now.

9. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I have always been frugal and would not let my parents pay the school price for my HS ring. I got it from Wal-mart (or Kmart...can't remember). My college one did come from the school bc ECU's mascot has a copyright.

10. Call Brandi Autry - she is GREAT! She just opened a studio at 40/42 but has a TON of experience with senior portraits - she used to travel to schools across the state and do them - just like what Prestige does... but she is a fraction of the cost - her website is www.brandiautry.com. She is VERY talented.

11. new2area

new2area Member

I second using Tammy Fisher. She just did our family pictures and they were great! I've never been so happy about how our pics turned out! Her website is www.fisherphoto.net

12. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Yes, reviving an old thread, but this is my first "about to be senior" event! He was told today that if he did not do the senior portrait with Prestige (and pay a $15 sitting fee) that his pic will not be in the yearbook. Somehow that doesn't sound right, not in there at all? I am *NOT* planning to order pics from school and he has never wanted a yearbook (search that thread to see what I mean there), but I wouldn't mind having a yearbook of his senior year and his picture darn well better be there. I mean, they take pics at least twice a year with NO fee, right, and this pic is in the yearbook whether you buy or not!? Could care less about a tux pic. That is not my kid's style, which is why we are not buying them (one reason). I can call the school, but I know some of you went through this last year and might know the real answer, not the let's sell pictures answer. TIA.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
  13. ServerSnapper

ServerSnapper Well-Known Member

That's kind of selfish Michelle. it's 15 bucks. That yearbook will last his life time.

14. firefly69

firefly69 Guest

Got the answer, but not from ss...And, it is his choice not to order the yearbook, thank you very much. He prefers to have money spent on his guitars, amps, etc. to school money grabs. Who's Michelle?:mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2012