Payless shoe store White Oak

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by blumedenley, May 13, 2009.

1. blumedenley

blumedenley Well-Known Member

Don't shop at payless shoe store in Garner

My father and I were shopping for shoes for my niece. We went into the Payless in Garner to get the shoes she saw last week. There on sale for $14.99(airwalk) clearly a sale sticker on the boxes. We get to the counter and they ring up $19.99, so I say wait those are on sale for $14.99 the guy goes to the shelve and there they were with a couple of boxes that say the same thing. He will not give it to us at that price. He lost that sale. I was going to purchase my shoes that I had picked out but said I didn't want them if he couldn't give us the sale price on the other shoes. He lost out on mine also which were $24.99. Then he went back over and took all the sale stickers off the boxes. He could have made 2 sales, but didn't want to give us the sale price. We went to another shoe store and bought almost the same shoes for less. I will never step foot in a payless shoe store again. I will tell my friends and family not to shop there either. He could have given us the sale. Other stores would have.

WHITE OAK CROSSING (#4110)
    175 SHENSTONE LN
    GARNER, NC 27529-6904
    Phone: (919) 329-0555

2. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

My guess is the guy does not own the store, and was/is not authorized to give you that price if the tags were mistakenly left on there from an expired sale?

3. RCARP

RCARP Well-Known Member

I have been in that store a couple of times and have never been impressed.

4. blumedenley

The guy says he was the Assistant Manager.

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

doesn't matter, if they are labeled that price then they should have been sold at that price. Can't quote it, but i believe there is a law to that effect, if an item is incorrectly priced, it must still be sold at that price.

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You know that kind of thing really ticks me off. We had this happen a month ago at GAME STOP in Fuquay Varina (beside of Wal-Mart). Hubby went in and bought Guitar Hero game and the guitar (sold sep). When he got in the car I saw a tag on the box that read $24.99. I asked him if it was on sale and he said no, it was $49.99. I showed him the $24.99 sticker on the other end of the box and he took it and the receipt back in the store and showed it to the guy working (who was a manager) and they would not give him a refund of the difference. They said that sticker was from a previous promotion and they would not honor it. Yeah, right.

Over the years my husband and daughter have spent LOTS of money in that store but that did it for us. We'll never set foot in there again. There are too many other stores that WANT us for customers that will treat us fairly.

I don't blame you for walking out of Payless. If the box was marked with a sale price and there were other boxes clearly marked the same way then they really have to sell it to you for the sale price. But, like another poster said, that store has never impressed me at all. After hearing your story I won't even bother to set foot in there again.

7. michelle

Call their home office and raise hell. You might get a coupon or something out of the deal.

8. Cleopatra

You're right - other stores honor that - I was just thinking they are more *big box*. Contact corporate, Blue.

9. rntobe

rntobe Well-Known Member

i was never impressed with payless shoes...always seemed kinda junky to me...i go to rack room shoes.

10. blumedenley

I just wrote in to there customer service. So we shall see.

11. Cleopatra

Yeah me too - but they have Airwalk now. Airwalk was the shizzle when I was in school. I want a pair of those Chuck Taylor look alikes.

12. irishluck

irishluck Well-Known Member

I also never really liked payless.

this weekend i decided to stop in and take a look while walking from kohls to gamestop and they actually had a pair i liked. the tag said it was ~$27, but when i cked out it was really ~$19. Not complaining about that! but obviously inconsistency with pricing is a major problem with them.

the guy didnt really seem to friendly either :? i know most custom service people arent really sincere when they say "thank you" or "have a nice day" but you should still say it anyway if you want customers!

13. I only go to payless for kid's shoes. Most shoes I've bought there for myself end up hurting my feet. Rack Room is much better!

14. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I don't have any issues with Payless. Pricing problems happen everywhere. I doubt I would stop shopping somewhere over a price issue that happened once, if I liked their products/pricing overall. Anyway, I agree that they are good for kids shoes. I get sneakers at Sketchers, sandals at Payless, and most other shoes for the kids at Kohls. For myself, there are certain brands I will purchase at Payless. Otherwise, I do a lot of shoe shopping on the internet. I just bought a really cute pair of heeled sandals at the shoe store next to Dicks at White Oak for only $15! Pick dd up a couple pairs of cute socks while I was there. Oh, and for ds (toddler) we still get shoes at Walmart. I hate Target shoes and have learned my lesson by now never ever to buy kids shoes there. I've never bought adult shoes there, so I can't pass judgement on that end.

15. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

But you always honor the price marked.

16. seabee

seabee Guest

:cheers::cheers:

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I just had a squabble with Kroger about that very thing. Sunkist Diet soda was supposed to be 4 for $12 according to the sign. I got checked out and realized they'd charged me $5 EACH. Went to customer service and the lady behind the counter was quite cranky about it. Not my fault they didn't ring up properly. I was excruciatingly polite about it, but was irritated at the attitude.

18. Rostrawberry

Rostrawberry Well-Known Member

I remember when I worked in retail many many many years ago...I was told that the Customers was always right and just give them the price that it was marked even if it rang up more than what it should be. You want the customers to leave satisfied and have them come back again.

19. blumedenley

I got this response from Payless.

Thank you for contacting Payless ShoeSource.

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. Your comments have been forward to the District Manager of this Store for follow up. I have sent you a formal letter of apology along with a courtesy gift card from our Corporate office. Again, thank you for making us aware of your experience with Payless ShoeSource.
    Laura
    Payless ShoeSource Customer Support Center

20. michelle

Geez, how generic was that? At least you get a gift card out of it!