Cleaning Service Needed

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by SavannahAnna, May 14, 2009.

1. SavannahAnna

SavannahAnna Well-Known Member

OK - here's what I am looking for. Someone to come to my home once a month and do a "deep clean". You know - ceiling fans, wipe down baseboards and crown molding, mop floors, clean windows and wipe down blinds. I do the routine stuff during the week (dusting, vacuuming, laundry...) - a little bit each night after I get home from work so I'm not "Hazel" all day on Saturday.

I would prefer not to use one of the franchised cleaning services - hoping to find an individual that needs the work.

2. seabee

seabee Guest

Put down the bon bons and try to get off the couch and do it yourself. :jester:

3. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Will PM ya......

4. seabee

seabee Guest

well thats good when you are done with hers make your way to my house and do it... :jester:

You'll just need to flip over my cardboard box is all...

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Not me dear... my husband cleans the house :mrgreen: He loves me like that.

6. seabee

seabee Guest

Yeah right... tough talker... :boxing::jester:

7. SavannahAnna

Now -now - no need to get ugly. Besides, hiring someone to do this for me is my way of helping to stimulate the economy!!!!!

8. seabee

seabee Guest

your fine don't worry about it. :cheers::cheers:

9. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I do sinks. :ack:

:jester:

10. Crysta

Crysta Guest

Not to hyjack the thread, but I am looking for something similar. Either to replace our current service and come very other week, or to do the big deep clean once a month. I'd be thrilled to have someone do the windows once a month, and a few other things that our current service doesn't do (or do well).

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i will definitely vouch for who Redsky is pming you about, she is great:hurray::hurray:

12. SavannahAnna

Good to know - I am gonig to give her a call this evening and see if she wants to come by the house on Saturday; check it out and give me an estimate.

13. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

A few of my neighbors also use this individual and they are always bragging about what a wonderful job she does.

14. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

General cost?

15. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

I'm also curious about the general cost and what she normally cleans. I've never had a cleaning service because hubby doesn't trust anyone in our house. It didn't help that 60 minutes or the such did a show once that secretly filmed people from some of the chains stealing in the homes they cleaned. But I'm pushing him to consider getting someone if I can be sure they are trustworthy and it's worth the money.

16. msjay2u

msjay2u Member

My 2 cents

I think you are more likely to get someone who works for the chains to steal than individuals. I have a lady from Brazil who is wonderful. She speaks no English but she cleans her butt off. She wants to work and needs the money and would not think of stealing. I started with Merry Maids and sometimes I would come home and the floor had not been mopped, the furniture not dusted etc. When I called them to complain they would send someone back to clean it and they would leave a note about they came back to clean the areas that are only cleaned once in a while. WHAAAAT? Mopping the kitchen floor should be done every time!! Oh and when I came home I smelled bleach everywhere. Straight bleach does not smell good to me!! Also I have a septic system, that could not be too good to use so much bleach that the smell was still there hours later. I was also missing a camera but since I can not prove they did it I did not even bother to complain (probably the reason cleaning companies get away with things). This new lady is only a little cheaper but she is great. She does everything she is supposed to do each time she comes and the house always smells so good days after she leaves. She has a house key and so far nothing even suspected of being missing.

As for price. If you get a cleaning only once a month it costs more per visit. The price would depend on what they observe as your cleaning habits and the sq ftg of your home and what you want done. Normal cleanings includ dusting everything like the furniture & window blinds, scrub the floors, clean all the glass surfaces, change the linens and make the beds, vacuum, clean out the microwave etc. and then Some people add to have the fridge cleaned out, the oven done, windows etc. If they come in there and find a filthy house it will cost much more per month than a person who is generally clean and just needs help keeping it up. A cluttered house costs more too as it is hard to navigate around the clutter.

Bear in mind that the first cleaning is going to be more expensive than subsequent cleanings if you do not presently have a cleaning service. If you already have a cleaning service it should not cost extra for the first visit unless it is to pay for cleaning supplies.

When you hire whomever also discuss what type of cleaning products they will be using. I like the smell of clean-up with bleach (Clorox) so I leave that for my person for the kitchen counters only and it is used in moderation. I also like Fabuloso used on the floors as that is the trick to GREAT smelling rooms for days (if you don't smoke in the house).

Good luck in your search...

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  17. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

And the cost is.....?

18. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

I have a private lady I use. She comes every other week and for my 2400 sq ft. house she charges $90 each time. I have a kitchen, dining rm, living rm, 3 bedrm, 2.5 bath, laundry rm and bonus room. The first time she came it was $140 I believe to do the "deep clean" and that is her charge for monthly service as well. My house cleaner does floors, ceiling fans, mirrors, changes linens, 2.5 bathrooms, kitchen, microwave, fridge, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, and anything in between. Then baseboards and window sills alternating visits.

19. Crysta

Crysta Guest

For frame of reference, we pay Tidy Maids $111 every other week for 3,400 sq ft house. And although we've been pretty happy, I do plan to fire them as soon as I find someone new. I noticed before their last cleaning mildew around the bottom of my shower. It's a pretty noticable amount, yet it was still there after they cleaned. I think they do a good surface cleaning, but only to the extent that that house looks wiped down. I don't actually feel that it is clean, and that is a big issue for me. I think I'm going to look for someone to come every week, and I'd like to get the windows wiped once every month or every other month.

20. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

SavannahAnna-how did it go? If you were impressed, please PM me. I'm looking for someone to come in this week and clean--company's a comin'!!!!