A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Poor kid! :jester: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

she was precious...just like her mama! :)

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Is this someone you know? I've only got the one boy (thank God!) :mrgreen: I've got a niece that everyone thinks is mine when we are all together, LOL.

4. CrazyFabulous

dont know her at all, not even her name. she was in the 8th grade class i was procotor for this morning. was weird......she immediatly reminded me of you.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That's funny! Who knows? I've got a half brother and a half sister I've never met. Some in my family have seen her and said we could be twins. Stranger things have happened! 8)

6. CrazyFabulous

could be. poor thing.....today was her 1st day at our school! started off with a bang....EOG's!

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'm alive!

I didn't know you had so many muscles in your butt.

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Dern! Talk about bad timing!

I will be glad when they are OVER! Not worried about it, just tired of hearing about them. :mrgreen:

9. CrazyFabulous

no doubt!! been going on bout these dang tests for months!!! maybe obama will do away with eog's!

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

I don't mind EOG's, if the information gleaned is useful AND used. Corporate America knows "If it can be measured, it can be managed" and the importance of education is such that constant improvement, based on outcomes, is the direction we need to go.

These grades are more relfective of how well the schools are teaching, not so much as an individual test grade for the kids, although we know that if a child does not do well on them, there is some consequence.

I've always supported accountability. My two biggest beefs with NCLB were that (1) it was an unfunded mandate from the federal government and (2) most importantly NCLB does not hold to standard, those people most responsible for their child's education: PARENTS

Tell your kids to Focus, Read, and Recheck. And that EOGs are kinda like kissing a frog...once it's over, don't stress over it. Make sure they get plenty of rest and good meals, especially a good breakfast before heading to school.

And, remind them, that this is a test of academic subjects. It does not 'validate' them as a person.

11. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

My dog got ahold of my cordless mouse.

Now it sticks...dernit! :x

12. seabee

seabee Guest

I do remember M-chelle finding out that same thing... :lol::lol:

13. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I feel your pain...Pup got hold of DH's IPOD. Thankfully, he just ate the earbuds(although I purchased him nice ones that are actually confy and he had them for a whole day). It could have been MUCH worse though!

14. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I sure did when I kissed the pavement at WalGreens! My butt muscles hurt for weeks. I finally went to the chiropractor and he fixed me right up!

15. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

yes it could have been much worse! :lol:

This was only a cheap-o one and it still works... just sticks. I need to buy her some more toys because the numbers of army men and barbie hands that have been lost in battle around here is staggering! :lol:

16. seabee

seabee Guest

I thought there was a time you did some work outside and then realized this...

17. seabee

seabee Guest

How do they fix butt muscles???? :lol::lol::lol:

18. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

And, remind them, that this is a test of academic subjects. It does not 'validate' them as a person.[/QUOTE]

Sure it does, when you have a child that makes the honor roll and then doesn't past the EOG's, how can that not mess them up?
    You can have a smart kid that just doesn't test well ect..I don't find it fair.
    My child did extra work for 8 weeks on the reading and the math, but she had a B in one and a A in the other, it took me and the teacher to talk to her about the extra tutoring was just for the EOG's and to get her ready for it. It was hard to explain to a 3rd grader, she cried so hard cause she didn't understand at first, even I was mad at first cause I felt that the whole school year was focused on this one test. Every week we had to pump her up just to keep her going, it's just to much for them young ones to deal with, and I have had several teachers and people that work in the schools and even someone on the school board that agreed.

19. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

Oh HAPPY DAY! :cheers:

20. seabee

seabee Guest

Good..... :cheers: