Ford Problems

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by peanut2004, May 20, 2009.

1. peanut2004

peanut2004 Member

I have a 2008 Ford Escape and was wondering if anyone out there has had any problems with theirs? or know of someone, I have had in the shop now 5 times for spark knocking and Ford keeps trying to blame it on my gas.. I would appreciate anyone with similar issues... Thank you,

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

If you purchased it new, you may have recourse under the lemon law.

3. seabee

seabee Guest

Have you then tried to change your gas octane to the highest grade, expensive yes but is sometimes needed. Most say and recommend reg unleaded but for whatever reason some will do that unless a higher grade is run in them..

4. B&L'SMoM

B&L'SMoM Guest

If the car has been in the shop for 5 times for the same reason,You should contact a lemon law lawyer.The lawyer i used is Mary Huggins.(919)286-4204.

5. seabee

seabee Guest

They haven't stated yet if using higher premium gas has taken the ping out though.

6. wolfcub

wolfcub Well-Known Member

FORD = Fixed or Repaired Daily or Found on Road Dead. :mrgreen:

7. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  8. Vinalexnc

Vinalexnc Well-Known Member

It possibly is the gas. Do you buy your gas at the same station all the time? If you do go to a different station and also try using 93 octane for a few fill ups and see if the knock goes away.

9. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

F_cker Only Runs Downhill!

10. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

My sis had an Escape and got rid of it recently because it kept leaving her walking. After the 3rd time she was done.

11. peanut2004

peanut2004 Member

I just can't believe it is the gas, if it was everyone's car would be spark knocking.. I think something is wrong with my Escape, the 4th time it was in they did some deep cleaning that cleans the plugs out and the mechanic said that when he pulled them yesterday it was like he never did the decarb on my Escape. and that has only been 2500 miles.

I did run midgrade in it and it did the same thing. I only purchase gas at the Exxon, BP and Shell, my thought is they are all regulated and I shouldn't have to by at the same shop..

To the post that used a lawyer were you able to turn yours in. I really like my Escape other than all the problems, this is just 5 of the same I have been in and out of the shop the whole first year of my car.. Also do they charge a lot? Thanks for all the suggestions.. :banghead:

12. peanut2004

peanut2004 Member

Was your sister's new and was she able to return under the lemon law or did she just trade it for something else?

13. aprilt01

aprilt01 Well-Known Member

I have a '06 Escape and never had a problem with it (knock on wood!!). Sorry you are going through this. I have loved mine. Good luck with yours.

14. peanut2004

peanut2004 Member

Too funny, but Let's hope that ain't true because we are going to the mountains in TN in a couple of weeks, wouldn't that just suck!!!! :?

15. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

It sure would!

16. Daredevil

Daredevil Well-Known Member

Maybe the Ford mechanics are idiots? Take it to a good mechanic, if he/she fixes it, then you can try to have Ford pay for it (never works).

Run PREMIUM in it (not midgrade). If that doesnt do it, switch to a colder sparkplug. To decarbon the engine I usually MIST the intake with a spray bottle full of water. But I'd check with a good mechanic before trying that.

Take it up to TAG auto, they are the ONLY people I trust with my stuff.

http://www.misterfixit.com/deton.htm

17. seabee

seabee Guest

Ta Ta ... Watch the rules.... :jester::jester::cheers:

I'm still a Ford man...

18. seabee

seabee Guest

Believe it for what its worth... We had a large fleet of Ford pick ups and there were like 2-3 that had this spark knock unless they run high octane in them. So those couple were authorized to run higher priced fuel in them for this reason. But hey try Daredevils suggestions..

19. wolfcub

That's a new one!! I like it!!! :cheers:

20. wolfcub

Precisely the reason I will not even look at a car that requires or recommends Premium. What are these car idiots thinking by making a car that must run on premium!! Wait a minute!! Oh yeah, they are the same idiots that are now bankrupt!!!! or will be!!!