Farmers Cooperative Exchange (FCX)

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by gcoats3, May 22, 2009.

1. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

My SIL has the following stock certificates:
    1) Farmers Cooperative Exchange, Inc., Raleigh, N.C. 4 21/100 shares Class B Preferred Stock
    2) Farmers Cooperative Exchange, Inc.Raleigh, N.C. one (1) share Common Stock
    Both certificates are signed by the Secretary and President. Signed on July 1, 1946.
    Since the FCX is no longer in existence is there any value for these stock certificates?

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Other than as a collector item, not likely, but some times the collectors value is not bad either.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4675501_tell-antique-stock-certificate-valuable.html

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but not too long ago i had to research those very same certificates for a client and after many calls, found out they are worthless, i may still have the paperwork of the trail if you are interested.

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

You're talking about stock value, right? Wayne suggested the certificates might have some value as a collectors item, and that was my first thought as well.

5. gcoats3

gcoats3 Well-Known Member

I have been advised that Southern States bought out FCX.

6. FCX certificates

I would be willing to pay a reasonable price for the certificates to go with my FCX stuff. Please contact me at classicwhaler@bellsouth.net. Thanks! Jim

7. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure exactly what they might be worth to a collector, but I'm sure they have some value. A few years ago I was at an auction and came across a certificate for 100 shares in Liberty Mills, which I think became Bartex. Monetarily it was worthless, but best I remember, I paid over $100 for it. Obviously it had value to me and at least one other person....the one bidding against me.

8. fireworks

fireworks Active Member

FCX

southern States took over FCX
    Agri Supply is a separate company, started by a local businessman in the late 60's.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011