A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Hum..........maybe new job?
    Sherry

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

If you like quacamole but don't want to make it yourself, Wholly Guacamole from BJ's is pretty darn good! Comes in a box with indiv 4 packs, freezes well, etc. Something good to have on-hand for parties and stuff! :lol:

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

mahi tuna grilled with lemon grass, dill, served with coleslaw and hush puppies.

Dinner was good.

4. Hamburger Helper, Cheetos, Margarita - good dinner - HA!

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

We went to Cracker Barrel. My son loves their chicken and dumplings. Went to Lowes to check out new flooring and countertops. Of course, couldn't find a soul to help me with countertops. And why in the world is my favorite the most expensive? Champagne taste on a beer budget for sure.

6. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Back when we redid the kitchen countertops in this house, I found out the folks Lowes and The Home Depot used for their local installations came from Atlanta. I did some searches on the Internet and got a quote for the job better than the best quote from either one by a good 15%.

The crew came up from Atlanta, took the measurements, brought the countertops to us about a week and a half later, installed them and the new below the top sink, and disposed of the old tops. I belive they even gave us a higher priced material for the orignal quote if we bought the sink and sent them the dimentional information fro, the box. It may be something to check into. I would give you the name but it has been a few years now and I do not remember it.

7. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I planted more honeysuckle and morning glories today.

:hurray:

Grow babies, grow!!!!

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Thanks for the tip! I am just starting to look. Have a friend through Scouts that does countertops, so am probably going to get him to come out and give me an estimate. I was just looking for a ballpark, to know how many arms and legs I need to get ready to hock, LOL. :lol::lol::lol: Gotta decide if sticking with laminate is the way to go or upgrading to a solid surface. I don't want to over-improve the house. It's decent, but it was just a spec house, not much in the way of bells and whistles. Will probably be selling it in a couple years, thinking of moving to Chatham Co. 8)

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Went to Wendy's tonight for the frosty coffee toffee thing. OMG..it's addictive. I've managed to make mine last for almost 30 minutes. LOML killed hers in no time.

And, I did get my 222 million winning lotto tix.

10. harleygirl

Did I ever tell you and your DW how much I love ya'll? :lol:

11. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

That would be your share of the 222 million .... I got mine too

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya'll are both wrong..............it's mine!! :jester: I bought some and had DH stop on his way out of town...... Hopefully mixing it up will help. I heard some idiot say they'd bought $150 worth of tickets. If I had $150 to waste on lottery tickets............I wouldn't need a lottery ticket. I figure if I'm meant to win, one ticket ought to do it. 8)

13. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

honeysuckle is evil :evil: its trying to take over our fence and one side of the house.... I wish I could burn it!

14. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Japanese honeysuckle is evil. Native honeysuckle is nice.

15. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

My grandma is on her way down from NY. She stopped at 7 last night in S. Boston to sleep in a hotel, and I figure she's gonna be walking in my door any minute (she's an early riser). I'm so excited!! :hurray: My kids don't know she's coming yet, it's my 5 yo's bday tomorrow, so he's gonna be soooo surprised! I really hope she comes before they leave for school. If not, maybe we'll go meet them at school for lunch...:mrgreen:

16. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

I am feelin' yucky this morning! Send healing thoughts my way...I don't have time for this! I have a WHOLE LOTTA hours to walk!!:?

17. harleygirl

:grouphug:

Get back in bed and rest for a little while longer if you can.

tomorrow's Friday! :hurray:

18. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Thank goodness! Nope...up at 4:45, out the door by 5:45! :)

19. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Goofed off enough on FB this morning... time to get to work. :mrgreen:

I've got a whole lot to get done today. My wheels are gonna be SMOKIN'

20. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I just made reservations for a week in June and a week in July at the beach! I ready to start packing NOW! :hurray: