IF you own a dog - please read this

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by zookeeper, May 29, 2009.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Apparently you read the parts you want to read -

My quote
    you may or may not be under exaggerating the distance. It's a dog, not a kid.

I DO NOT misuse animals...accept maybe cats, I hate those darn things, but I DO NOT misuse dogs.
    People that mistake animals for kids need help.

2. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

How is it that you see this so clear but all of a sudden I'm an animal cooker to these others?????

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'm perfectly aware of the difference between animals and kids. I have some of each. I happen to know Zoo fairly well from here, and I have no doubt that her estimate is quite accurate.

4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I can see both sides to this issue.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It's his dog - 3-5 inches is acceptable. You have no right to speak to the guy. If it a real issue call the cops if not, mind your own business.

What did you do with the cigarette when you were smoking? Throw it on the ground by chance?

You got that from his OP in this thread? And the smoking thing was REAL classy.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Obviously I don't. It was way too hot to leave anything in a car today, I don't care how short of a time. I was out in it, I know it was miserable today.

Carry on.............I have crap to do.

7. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

He certainly didn't present it the best way possible that's for sure, but beyond the snarky remark I did see where he was coming from in some ways.

Me, I would have probably put a note on the car and then waited to see if the owner came out and saw it. If a lot of time passed without them coming out I would have had the person paged or called the police. If it was a child I would have called the cops ASAP told them to get over there ASAP before the crazy parent attacked me for going crazy on them.

8. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

I totally agree with zookeeper; it is WAY too hot to leave any kind of pet in a car unattended. Even with windows open it is still hot. I admire her calmness. Frankly, if I encountered the same situation, I would probably try to get the dog physically out of the car. Yes, I know, extreme, but I would react in a "save the pet's life" mode if I suspected the dog was in distress. Yes, I am also aware it would be trespassing, but I would deal with those charges later, when I know the animal was safe. My daughter has bumper stickers (from PETA) that reads "Too Hot for Spot! In hot weather, leave dogs at home. HelpingAnimals.com". She leaves them (not stuck onto) under window wipers, on the windshileld, to remind people when she sees pets in cars. Just my humble opinion...

9. zookeeper

zookeeper Well-Known Member

I was simply trying to get Lowes to make an announcement for the owner of the dog to go out to their vehicle and check the dog. It was over 91 degrees outside at 1pm and the dog was panting hard! I had no intention of confronting the owner - HOWEVER he appeared as I was giving his license plate number. What should I have done? Lied? I told him the truth and I said it nicely.

I know what 3" is - I did hair for many years and I know the difference between three inches and five inches and ya know what? It don't matter - 7" would not have been enough - no other windows were cracked and even if there were, there was no breeze.

I could give a rats behind how they do it in NY - I'm not from NY! I'm famous for the saying that "I95 runs North as well as South." Even if I was a native New Yorker, so what?

As a human being, I will not stand by and watch a dog or a human being subjected to neglect or cruelty if there is something I can do to prevent it. From his/her posts it appears that "DontCareHowYouDoItInNY" believes that it's "Southern" to look the other way and mind your own business when a life (human or animal) is in apparent danger OR that for some reason the responsibility of harm should be lessened if we are discussing dogs as opposed to humans.

It would be out of my character to look the other way if I saw a dog or a human who appeared to be in danger. . .I thought that was just the way the human race is supposed to be.

10. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

Zoo, nice job, I would have done the same as you. Human or animal I would have done the same. To many people look the other way these days.

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Like what?

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I took my son to the pool. Good enough for you?

13. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Depends on how you look in a bikini.

14. tigerlily

tigerlily Well-Known Member

lowes parking lot redneck issue

only redneck idiots leave their dogs in the car or truck. when its mid spring. i worked for lowes for five years. have callled the cops on a yuppie bisotch who left her babies in her car out front for ten min. in north raleigh. also called po po on a very drunk construction worker who tried to drive away at 330pm from the parking lot. my supervisors said that it wasnt up to them to alert the athorities of a drunk ******* who obviously drove to the store. he got a dwi thanks to my call to rpd. what would have happenend if he drove off at 330 when school was just letting out.

15. seabee

seabee Guest

Man that is a classic....got a good chuckle on that one.. :cheers::cheers:

16. What the heck?! What does being in NC have to with anything? Would a person in NC not care about a dog in a car possibly getting too hot? I was born and raised in NC and it would bother me to see a dog panting in a hot car. It was very hot today! My little girl went outside for 5 minutes and was sweating like crazy. I can't imagine being in a car!!

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

:iagree:

18. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

People should not leave kids or pets in cars.....PERIOD! I know Zoo and believe that she had the best interest of the dog in mind and tried to educate the owner in a non-confrontational manner.

19. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Good enough for my husband. 8)

20. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Gosh, I'm worried ,where is Captain Stallings? animal activist Lawyer, not wading in here with Lawyerific ponderances, is he ok?:cheers:

Anyway this guy was an obvious D-Bag and could have been arrested for his conduct.