IF you own a dog - please read this

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by zookeeper, May 29, 2009.

1. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

my parents used to leave us kids in the car at Kmart maybe that's what is wrong with me today. 3 in. is never enough. Why do people have to take their dogs with them anyway? gee

2. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

my parents used to leave us kids in the car at Kmart maybe that's what is wrong with me today. 3 in. is never enough. Why do people have to take their dogs with them anyway?

KDC wears a string binkini.

3. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

After trying to take the "law" into my hands once, I was advised by the High Sheriff's office to let them handle things. As for that @ss hole at Lowe's, I would have called John Law the moment he started with the profanities and I would have tried to have him charged with attempted vandalism for throwing something at the car.

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I just won't tolerate it"

4. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Yeah, that must be it. :rolleyes:

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

6. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Zoo did the right thing and didn't deserve to be treated so badly.

No matter how you feel about dogs (or cats for that matter), they are living, breathing beings...

7. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

8. browns rule

browns rule Guest

I only wish that someone would lock your a-- in a car on a 100 degree day and let your a-- burn to a crisp because reading your statements.....it's what you deserve!:x

9. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

pot....meet kettle.

10. browns rule

browns rule Guest

you've stated it perfectly!! Anyone who says 3-5 inches is acceptable for a pet in a car on a hot day like that deserves the same thing themselves.

11. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

First - Ok, I have to admit that when I wrote this I was a little wound up and should have done a better explaining my thoughts. I even admitted something about that early on in this discussion. 3-5 inches open in ONE window is not enough on a hot day. A dog owner has to use common sense and her OP was very good information for the idiots who do leave animals in their car. It sounds like this guy was gone longer than he should have under the circumstances. My real issue all along is in the confrontation. I have stated that several times. I think she was wrong to confront him, let the experts handle things like that. Its my opinion. If you are going to continue to rip me on this, do it on the fact that I disagree with one individual confronting a stranger, not on the 3-5 inches comment.

Second I can't let you off the hook since you seem to be quite adversarial (you can look Google that if you dont understand) - If I dissect your comment the way you have isolated mine, then I see it to mean that it is not OK to leave a dog in a hot car but it is OK to do so to a human.
    I can see why a Cleveland fan would get dawgs and humans confused.

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  12. MrDj

MrDj Well-Known Member

I have broken a car window and taken a dog out of the car. Oh let mention the police was right there and when the guy came out he got sited.

13. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

LOL....as a Steelers fan I enjoyed this one.

14. PirateGirl

PirateGirl Well-Known Member

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!!? I guess if it were a child (another being who cannot stand up for him/herself) we should just mind our business as well. Was this YOU by chance??:banghead::banghead:

15. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I would be really suprised if they let you do that with them standing there.

16. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Did you happen to read anything in this thread past the first two posts?

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Boots, or whatever. You still don't get that she didn't INTEND to confront the guy, he just happened to come out while she was on the phone. Go back and READ her original post and her subsequent one. Glad you have seen the light about leaving your poor animal in the car.

As an aside: Went to that Lowes yesterday and some woman had her purse dog in her cart, pushing it around the garden section. It was panting it's head off. People, do your pets a favor, leave them at home. The dog was obviously miserable out in the full sun, he was half black so you know he was cooking. Idiots.

18. dgsatman

dgsatman Well-Known Member

Should have called the cops the minute you saw the dog. I dont take my dog with me on hot days, and I wont take her in Food Lion, but I sure do take her in Lowes! 8)

19. browns rule

browns rule Guest

First of all pal, I'm no Cleveland fan, I was born and raised in the great state of NC. My husband is from Cleveland and he is the fan. Secondly, I don't need to look up the definition of adversarial, I'm well educated, thank you. As usual, you miss the point, I am saying that someone who thinks that it is ok to leave a PET or a HUMAN in a burning up car with a crappy 3 to 5 inch crack in the windows deserves the same fate themselves, but see a real human being would not do that to a pet or animal. So, the type of "THING" that would do that to a pet or human or think it's ok to do that to a pet or human deserves the same fate themselves. Think you can catch on to it now, or do you need it explained to you 50 more times?:banghead:

20. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I am really shocked that people are surprised that a person would suggest that confronting someone about this is not a good idea. The minute I read this OP my first thought was that I'm glad the dog was okay and then I thought that most people are going to agree with this, but there will be people who will say that it is not good to confront people. Anyone who seriously believes that NY thinks it is okay to leave an animal or person in a hot car is seriously letting their emotions cloud their judgment. He/she did not state their point very well and was snarky about the cigarette thing, which didn't do them any favors, but if you look at this situation rationally this could have been very ugly and dangerous for zoo and thank goodness that arse didn't hurt her or bust a window in her car.

NY clarified what they were trying to say. I've been on the receiving end of a flame throwing party when nobody has understood where I am coming from so maybe it's time to just let it go now.