Does this make me sound like a hussy?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Jun 9, 2009.

1. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

This is the email I want to send to one of DD's teachers tomorrow....however I don't want to be perceived as a hussy, nor do I want her to be singled out if this teacher see's her again next year.

What do you think?

2. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I think it sounds fine.. better than what I would have written... can't open my mouth without cussin'. :mrgreen:

4. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

How does your daughter feel about it? You don't sound like a hussy, but would it make her uncomfortable? I would have died if my mom would have sent a letter like that to a teacher, but then I was really shy.

5. JenniferK

Most of the time, she asks me to stay outta stuff like this, however last night, after the teacher asked her in class yesterday if she'd ever seen her clevage, she wanted me to call the school today and, in her words, "tell her off".

6. peaches

peaches Well-Known Member

Then go for it!

7. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Yes....right or wrong (in most cases including this one) the kid needs to respect the teacher. How are kids ever going to do that when the parents are constantly undermining them?

If the teacher is publicly embarrassing her, that is one thing, so it depends on how it is being addressed. Sounds like your kid is indifferent to the situation.

Teacher teach, parents parent. My old HS principal once told us...."I am your daddy, momma, aunt, uncle , sister and brother from the time you walk through the doors until you leave. Get used to it." I know that can be abused in very rare cases but I think parents forget it as well.

8. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

me too!

9. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

As long as she is not violating the dress code, any discussion of cleavage is inappropriate in the classroom.........PERIOD. If she were in violation of the dress code, then she needs to be sent to the office, not have her cleavage discussed in class. Girls that age are highly sensitive to comments about their bodies and the teacher has no business whatsoever discussing that in front of the whole class.

10. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Sent it and copy the principal.

11. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

As I said, it depends on how it is handled. I saw no mention of it being discussed in front of the class.

12. JenniferK

That specific comment was made as classes were changing, there were 3 of her girlfriends and 1 male student all present when she said it.

13. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Then I agree it wasn't handled properly. I wouldn't have had an issue if was done in private.

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

THen perhaps you needed to read all the thread:

"Most of the time, she asks me to stay outta stuff like this, however last night, after the teacher asked her in class yesterday if she'd ever seen her clevage, she wanted me to call the school today and, in her words, "tell her off"."

15. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I saw that....thanks. In class could mean during class (in private) and not necessarily voiced in front of the whole class (public).

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

If that's the way you want to spin it.

17. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

No, it's called having a brain and understanding the difference. Besides, who the hell is even talking to you? S T F U

18. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Dude, take a deep breath. You're wound a wee bit tight today. I can't help it if your reading comprehension is lacking. :lol: Why the heck would her daughter have even asked her to address it here at the end of school if the teacher hadn't embarrassed her in front of others. Get a clue.

19. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

I just explained it to you one post back. You obviously didn't agree with my opinion so I guess you felt it necessary to intervene. It could be just as offensive and embarrassing for the issue to be addressed privately as publicly. One way is acceptable while the other isn't.

Is that easy enough for you to understand? Sometimes I forget my audience.

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

:rolleyes:

Jen,

Good luck with all that, I am sure you will do the right thing for your daughter, since you know the situation better than any of us. :cheers: