Does this make me sound like a hussy?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Jun 9, 2009.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

Coming from a naturally & early busty girl myself, please defend your baby girl. There is no reason for a teacher to make comments about a developing young girl. They are already very self-conscious at this point and don't need this type of treatment to boot.

Blouses fit busty girls differently, Period.

and yes... send a copy to the principal.

2. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

and the evil side of koo thinks the teacher is just jealous because she is stricken with only mosquito bites.

I would have put something like "don't be a hater" in the letter... but that's just me.8)

3. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I was just thinking the same thing.

4. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

You go for it, Jenn. Us mama's gotta protect our babies. The teacher was WAY out of line for her comments and I whole heartedly agree that you should copy the principal on the email.

Why do some of these teachers think they know what is best for OUR children?

5. bostonredhead

bostonredhead Well-Known Member

Your daughter should have said - You're just jealous! hee hee

You wouldn't think twice if it was a male teacher who commented on the appropriateness of her clothing. I'd send the note to the principal - not the teacher.

How old is your daughter (doesn't matter, just curious).

6. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

If your daughter had been uncomfortable and upset for a while (as well as really bothering you) might have made you feel better to have sent something like this earlier in the school year. But better late than never so it doesn't happen to any other girls. Good for you for saying something. A lot of people wouldn't I think.

7. seabee

seabee Guest

LOL...... :cheers:

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

holla....I am about to do the same thing, but without as much 'finesse' as Jen. :banghead:

and Jen, I say send it.

9. I think parents always have the right to voice their concerns to teachers. I think you did the right thing. It's not disrespectful. I'm in teacher education now, and I've been in lots of classrooms and I've seem some inappropriate teachers and I've seen some wonderful teachers. Some teachers do cross the line. There is a teacher I sat in on last year that I couldn't believe. All she did was yell at her kids and belittle them in front of each other. The students were not that bad! I've seen worse! It turns out she was asked not to come back next year (due to complaints - not because of budget cuts).

10. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

i think it sounds perfect!!! and thank goodness and super :hurray: that your daughter and you have such a good relationship that she confides in you

and i think its great on how you are handling the issue

11. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Perfectly appropriate in my book. You misspelled "Bordered" I think.

12. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

Also the word "cleavage". Perhaps spell check is in order. Not trying to sound rude, but especially with a teacher reading it, one would tend to not take something written as seriously if grammatically incorrect or if words are misspelled. And a word to the wise: be careful what is put in writing. It may somehow come back to bite you in the a#@...

You are not a hussy at all; just a parent in the protective mode. There are a lot of us out there, hissing with claws out, just reading your dilemma! Good luck to you.:)

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

:iagree:

14. Jalen

Jalen Well-Known Member

I'm a Prude

I'm a prude so take my post with a grain of salt, but in my most humble opinion, if your daughter's cleavage is exposed(even slightly), it's not appropriate. I don't even care what's considered compliant.
    If it were my daughter, I would buy her clothes that nobody could even question.

15. ncmom

ncmom Well-Known Member

An email just doesn't sound to me like the right way to deal with this. I think a face to face meeting or at least phone call with the teacher would be better so you can discuss the issue. If you meet you might request the principal or assistant principal join you. Your daughter could come just for the beginning of that meeting wearing the "offending" shirt for the other adults to have a reference.

16. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

If I could interrupt the women's lib movement again for just a moment :roll:

Be advised of the ramifications your child could endure from the principal and/or other teachers. In other words, pick your battles wisely. Don't get your girl blackballed just because she wants to free dem thangs.

17. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

Harper Valley PTA.

18. ncroxx

ncroxx Well-Known Member

I concur

I agree with Jenn's original email.Sounds like it's well written,concise,and to the point.I raised boys,so I cant give the daughter perspective,but I know anytime a student is called out in front of his peers (even if only 1 or 2 present) it can be very demeaning.

19. aknotts

aknotts Guest

Go for it

As a daughter whose mother was very protective and stepped in multiple times to support me when I was in school and being mistreated by teacher's, counselors, or other adults.... I say definitely send the letter. I feel that it is well written and concise. I don't exactly agree with the meeting idea that was brought up because it is the end of the year and she isn't not going to have the teacher any more... if it was earlier in the year and still going to be in the teacher's class it might be a different story.

20. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

You are a complete hussy!

AND I love you.

I'd rip that beyotch a new one! Want me to do it for you? :twisted: