Does this make me sound like a hussy?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Jun 9, 2009.

1. space_cowboy

space_cowboy Well-Known Member

That was a well worded, well thought out letter.

2. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Wonder if I'll get a response?

3. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

And not that it's my business, but I'm really anxious to hear what happens so if you're up to sharing the outcome please do!

4. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Me too and btw, good job Jen:hurray:

5. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Well evidently Jen's emails did not do any good, the same teacher is repeating the same thing this year with another girl and this one is not even large breasted but the teacher has made comments in front of the class embarassing the child about her breasts. When confronted by the parents, the teacher denied ever getting the email Jen sent last year and denied ever saying a word even though the other kids heard it and called the girl in question a liar. Go figure, how do these teachers get away with this?:evil:

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Kaci, I am really sorry to see that your DGD is going thru the same thing that DD went through last year...

7. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I'd be having a meeting with her and the principal. :evil:

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well hopefully if enough parents react to it like you and her Mom did and don't just let it slide something may eventually be done about it, i hope.

9. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

If the email is sent to the school's email server, it's there. The teacher may have deleted it, but it's on the JoCo server. And, I have no doubt that Jen sent it.
    At the meeting, advise the teacher and principal that you are equipping your the child with a micro recorder with 8 hour capability. That might cause the teacher to stop, ponder, and choose a different course of action.

10. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

That's what I would do (voice recorder), but I wouldn't even tell her - you don't have to - do you?

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

the parent has met with the teacher and the substitute principal a total of 3 times now - the first time she was not aware that this had happened before but when i heard about it, i knew i had read somewhere on the board that it had happened before so i contacted Jen and found it it was the same teacher. The second meeting she went in with that info and was told it was not true, the teacher said no such email was ever sent and the principal who it was copied too was out on leave so the substitute principal took the teacher's word for it. At the third meeting, the mother had the child moved to another class but nothing was done or even acknowledged about the teacher's behavior which is probably what has happened before so no one knew what has been going on. It is frustrating to them.

12. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

13. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

14. Hatteras6

I'm of the philosophy that stupidity will overcome attempts to cover it.

So, yes, I'd email the teacher that it was going to happen randomly, and not every day. And then, let the teacher do as he or she will.

At some point, practically all of us revert to our basic nature. If that happens, as I'm sure it will, and the evidence is captured on the recorder, it's improbably that the teacher can convince anyone that this happened out of context, or else deny it completely in a credible fashion.

Give 'em enough rope. They'll hang themselves.

As Ron White opined, "You can't fix stupid!"

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

that would be a great idea if she were still in her class, but what options do a parent have other than that to prevent this pattern from repeating with another girl?

16. Hatteras6

You're right, KC, I didn't read the details and I apologize for that. I would have a CTJ meeting with the principal, after having made an appt to do so. I would then write Dr Croom an email (addy on the JoCo website) to let him know the issue and that you were going to take it up with the principal.
    Regardless of whose class a daughter is in, none of our daughters invite or deserve this, and Dr Croom should be aware. Might be an additional shuffle of a teacher, rather than a student.

17. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

Good Lord! As if our daughters don't have enough self image problems . . . we surely don't need a piece of crap teacher like this in our school system.

I sincerely hope that this teacher is FIRED before she causes one more child to feel ashamed/embarassed of their body.

Where do the school systems find these losers????

18. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

Really? Fired? C'mon now, no matter who was in the wrong this is not a firable offense. Where did all this "string 'em up" attitude we have today come from? The teacher may have done something wrong, but to fire her for making a judgement call? How do you know what was going through her mind. Did any of you think that maybe the teacher had issues with cleavage as a child? Maybe something bad happened to her and she was only trying to give jen's daughter some advice, albeit in the wrong environment.

You all act like you've never done anything wrong before...like chasing hookers around the internet instead of doing something constructive with your time.

P.S. No Jen, it doesn't make you sound like a hussy. Just a concerned parent who is letting her feelings be known. That's the civil thing to do.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

obviously once again you failed to read the whole thread before making your comment - this is a pattern with this teacher that has been repeated and Michelle is exactly correct, at 12yo a girl's body image is already bombarded by the media so why a teacher thinks it is her place to make comments about it, i do not understand and yes i do believe firing a teacher that obviously has an obsession with 12yo girl's breasts is absolutely correct. What would you think if a male teacher made the same remarks?

20. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

LOLWUT?