FarmTown Addicts

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by tassy, Jun 3, 2009.

1. kookookacho

kookookacho Well-Known Member

I am so bad. I won't share with my kiddo. He has his on FB page and will have his on farm shortly! :lol:

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

I am in need of a good worker....... :mrgreen:

3. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

Umm hellooooooo neighbor! :)

4. radd

radd Member

Help! With Farm Town

I just started on farmtown. Can anyone give me tips? I also need some nice neighbors.
    Thanks
    Rose (Claytontown Farm)

5. softballmom

softballmom Well-Known Member

Tips:
    Read the rules before you start, a lot of good info in there.

Check out the FarmTown Guide:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=py5j2VIEMoooUzJ2u5ih7GA

To progress you have to earn experience points. Buying stuff gets you experience points, about 1 per 100. So buying big stuff moves you up quick.

Also you earn one point for each plot you plow, and 2 for each one you sow, no matter what you plant! So, plant one day crops as much as possible. And when you have a lot of time to waste on FarmTown, plants grapes. With a new crop every 4 hours, those points add up quick! Remember the FarmTown day is 20 hours, and crops go bad in about the same amount of time they take to get ripe.

Team up with someone in your family or one of your friends so that you can trade off harvesting. It's a lot easier than always looking for someone in the market. You make more money on your crops when some else harvests for you.

Add your 4042 friends so they can be your neighbors. Visiting your neighbors and tending their farms gets you points as well.

Hope all of this helps!

6. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

is anybody on now?

7. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

where are all my girls at????????

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

I can't get on from work :evil: plus since I'll be away next week, I'm just letting mine sit for awhile.....8) so y'all will need to go over and clean-up the place once in a while. :lol:

9. kookookacho

Earn a few coins... come water my flowers!

They are getting verrry low. It cost me to water them (I think) but you earn money.

Help a sista out!:lol:

10. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Be right there!

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

So, how do the flowers work? Do we ask people to come water them or do we do it ourselves? I tried looking at the rules - didn't see anything - besides....I knew you guys would help a sista out, right? :mrgreen:

12. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Koo is right on the flowers. It costs you coins to water your own, and they can only be watered once a day. If you have a neighbor water them, they make a coin for each flower. It adds up with someone whos got lots of flowers. Sometimes, if I have time, as I tend all the neighbors farms, I check the flowers. Only people who are you neighbors can water for you.

Another trick I figured out, if you zoom out on the farm while you have the watering can up, hold your left mouse button and scroll around (*I have a touch pad mouse on my laptop...so yours might be different) everything else will disappear temporarily and it will show you where all the flowers are in blue. Light blue have been watered, darker blue need watering.

13. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen Farmer John Deere in the Marketplace? His farm is laid out like a baseball diamond to the front, with outfield area and all. The whole back and side of his farm is ALL orange trees, like 1600 of them. No exaggeration, thats how many he said he planted. Totally impossible and totally aggravating to try to harvest. I only stayed on his farm for about 5 minutes, then I lost my connection. Needless to say, I didn't go back to look for him again!!

14. kookookacho

Kellbell!

Can Kiddo harvest your punkins? or wheat? :mrgreen:

Come to my farm...he'll come get me.:lol:

15. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

You are right, I never noticed that! Amazing what you can learn, just by paying attention. I have a desktop and a regular mouse, and it works the same for me. Also, it looks like you get 1 coin for each plant. So for example if the green square covers 5 plants, you get 5 coins.

16. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

I have flowers on my farm, if you guys don't mind checking on them..I won't have much time this weekend to get to the farm..school is ruff this week.
    Thanks,
    Sheri

17. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Koo, I checked to see if Kiddo sent me a 'friend' request, and I don't have one....have him send me one, I will make him a neighbor and help him out! :mrgreen:

18. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

What the trick to not being broke all the time in FT? I always seem to run out of money, I would think at level 27 I should not have to work for others, but maybe I do. My farm is mostly fields, some area though for barn, house, so on. I plant a mix of crops always change it up, but always have at least one field of pumpkins that costs me about 30k to plant. How do others do it? right now I have 45 coins left :lol:

19. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

dang, I don't know! I have over $650,000 coin and have nothing to spend it on. I worked hard for others though, stood in the market place daily and worked job after job after job....and I am sure you know not to ever harvest your own stuff....right?

20. Steeler_Fan

Steeler_Fan Well-Known Member

I aways have someone else harvest my stuff. What type of crops do you plant? They way I have my farm setup I can plant a 138 of each type of crop. So right now I have 3 fields of Pumpkins, 1 field of Onions, 1 corn. Sounds like I need to work more for others.