Driving rants:

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by bandmom, Jun 18, 2009.

1. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

To the twit who was in such a hurry this morning. I am so sorry that when I turned out of my subdivision that I didn’t see you speeding around the corner! You see, when I stopped and looked both ways – your car was not even there. But believe you me - once I’d turned and saw you speeding towards me in my rearview mirror – I sped up quickly to the posted speed limit and then some. But no, that was not enough for you. Apparently annoyed that I dare cause you to have to slow down slightly, you felt the need to pass me on a double set of solid yellow lines, regardless of the oncoming traffic – hence causing me to have to hit my brakes to let your sorry-*** back into the lane, ahead of me of course. So I certainly hope that you got wherever you were going in such a hurry! :evil:

2. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Was it by chance a black corvette?

3. bandmom

Nope - it was a champagne colored 4 door Honda civic

4. mnredsky

oh... there was another arse hold in a black corvette that was passing everyone this morning double lines and all.

5. bandmom

WTH is wrong with people! :banghead: and they wonder why our county ranks highest in accidents?

6. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

I say we start posting license plate numbers of these jerks.

7. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Yep..tag and description. That's a start.

8. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Yes, since there have been increased patrols in the area best to call 911 to report wreckless driving and the tag/description and have them on the lookout. Can't hurt.

9. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

Reading at first, I thought you were the person who pulled out in front of me on Ranch Road this morning. But it wasn't.....lol

I had some idiot wait until I got 50 feet from his driveway to pull out in front of me. God forbid he were to think about my two kids in the car with me, none the less his kid in the front seat with him. Once I slammed on brakes, throwing everything in the floorboards, he decides to go 20 MPH UNDER the speed limit just to turn a mile up the road onto the bypass. Would it have killed this man to wait 20 seconds for the ONLY car coming down the road to pass his driveway??? I'm just glad I had great brakes or that little car would have been crushed my SUV!!! Arrrgggg!

10. bandmom

LOL! No, as I said, there was no car in my line of vision when I pulled out. I'm just glad school's out - otherwise there could have been a bus sitting there waiting for kids to cross the street (that he was speeding in) to get on it! :cry:

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

try driving all the way down 1010 to Cary, people don't think twice about pulling out in front of you but then what really burns is when they pull out at the last minute in front of you and then proceed to drive 10-15mph under the speed limit:twisted: i did notice a difference though in how many pulled out in front of me when i was driving DH's big Dodge Ram, i guess they thought twice about being hit by that than my little car.

12. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Amen sister! Aggravates me no end. People think nothing of pulling out in front of my mini-van either. HELLOOOO!! Those things weigh quite a bit and it can be difficult to get it whoa'd up enough not to hit your dumb arse. It almost never happens when driving the truck though. Go figure. Idiots.

13. seabee

seabee Guest

Did you like the fresh detail on my vette... It was shinning brightly I know that... When you're running late for a T- time one must do whats necessary to get to the course. Golf is a priority... :cheers::cheers: I was in full control of the situation. Plus with this song jamming on my Bose what do you expect... Here this will explain it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3j-XzYBBIwY

14. mnredsky

LOLOLOL

15. seabee

seabee Guest

Yeah I was doing the same passing that white rice rig tundra... :jester::jester:

luv ya :grouphug:

16. lkauppi

lkauppi Active Member

ding dong in honda

Did it happen to be a young lady? 2 weeks ago a similiar car did the same thing to me on 301 near Four Oaks, she actually flew by me and caused me to slam on brakes while the poor lady with the handicapped placard coming towards us ran off the road into a dirt parking lot, thank God we were not killed. I actually followed her, cause it made me mad enough that I was going to stop if she stopped and tell her she almost killed the other lady. She turned onto Raleigh Rd, and I had business in Benson, so did not get my chance. I sure hope she had a dire emergency to be driving like that, but she did not have blinkers on. Scary to be sure.

17. bandmom

OMG! I couldn't tell if the driver was male or female. My incident happened on Cleveland sch rd, just past Dance Art, headed towards West View.

18. bandmom

why do people think it's ok to use the center turning lane for driving and passing people?!! :banghead: I swear I see this at least once a day, not just around here , but in Raleigh also.

Just saw a lady go around a car that had slowed down for the car in front of it to turn into Meadows of Southfort, she then proceeded to drive down the turning lane, almost running head-on into a car sitting in the turning lane to make a left turn into the next subdivision, then had to get back into the correct driving lane, (behind the original car she'd gone around), then she jumps back into the next turning lane to turn left into the next subdivision.... S-T-U-P-I-D!!! :banghead: I really think people just don't give a crap anymore - they just drive however they want, regardless of those they might run into along the way.

I suppose it burns me up even more to see something like that after my son gets a ticket along that same area 'for crossing the center line' into the turning lane because he was trying to avoid those dips in the road! :boxing:

Ok, I guess I feel a little better now......:lol:

19. tukasiya

tukasiya Well-Known Member

The ARSEHOLE in the black vette passed me on double yellow lines earlier this year on Cornwallis Road. If he does that crap to me again, or anyone else, I WILL get his license plate number and call Sheriff Steve. Calling HP is a waste of time.

20. Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle Well-Known Member

I got passed by someone in the breakdown lane the other day. Actually, I got passed by him and the Raleigh cop that was right behind him. You would need one helluva good story to get out of that ticket!