Looking for......

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Bad timing girl. Kids just graduated and are looking for items for college. Shoot, my teen has been hanging onto crap around here for several years and has even marked it with her name afraid I'll give it away FOR FREE!!!

Next door neighbor might have one so I'll give them a call. One kid already in college so the fridge is taken care of.

Sherry

2. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Sherry, have you priced those things? Some of them are well over $1,000.

3. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

The ones that mine used when little and the ones my neighbor's kids used when little were not even close to that dollar amount. That was why I had the response, plus I just love Rush.

Sherry

4. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I worked with a woman who bought her son one for Christmas one year, all the bells and whistles with it, rock wall, rope swing, club house, swings, slide...etc... had the company come out and install it. $2500 and they financed it... who in their right mind finances a swing set...!!! LOL

5. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

Search for woodplay on craigslist... USED for over $2500, $1600 etc...

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

And I'll bet the kid played on it twice! :lol:

We never got one. Didn't think the kiddo would play on it much and didn't want the liability if the neighbor's kids showed up un-invited.

7. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Actually he loved it and still plays on it, but she did find out that he was taking after his daddy and visiting mother nature in the great outdoors.... he was peeing in the clubhouse behind the rockwall....she put an end to that real quick!

8. seabee

seabee Guest

were you confused as to maybe the life jacket costing 900 bucks not a wood playset???:jester:

9. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

April, its not the one w/the ring, it has 4 sections that go around, I just looked at it, my sister gave it to me and I had not looked at it closely, sorry :(

10. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

If it's the one that has a strap that goes between the legs, I would suggest you try it April, and add arm floaties. I'm just saying, it works great for us.

My 2 year old is fiercely independent and I can let go of her in the pool with her little life jacket and floaties and she goes all over the place.

11. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Well-Known Member

I'll take a picture of it today for you and post it :)

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I second the vest with the arm floats.

13. aprilt01

aprilt01 Well-Known Member

Thanks y'all!! I will try it :) I think I know the float you are talking about.

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

April, you are welcome to bring your little one over and let her take ours on a test run if you want. I'll have to hide my Little One in the house though, she may get a tad jealous! LOL

15. FrameMaMa

FrameMaMa Well-Known Member

I agree with the vest and arm swimmies....

my DS who is now 11, would run the second his feet hit the ground like a fish out of water...
    it paid off to put the vest and swimmers on him, so that when he hit the ground running he would be safe...
    It got to be very funny, he would run into the pool, come up butt first and then flip over to the front...the arm swimmers kept him upright...

16. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

Still looking for a boat to rent for next week. Got one? Know of one?

17. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

DD is looking for a white microwave for her new digs... anyone have one for sale that is in good shape?

18. stella

stella Guest

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but has anyone ever tried to sell anything at Don Lee's gas station (at Hwy 50/Mt. Pleasant Road). I noticed trucks there, especially on the weekends. It looks like people are selling anyone ole thing out of their trucks! I'd be interested in doing it. Does anyone know anything about it? Do you pay a fee to do it?

19. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

I have a working 27" tv (old kind) that I would like to give to someone in need. Do you know anyone? I don't want to craigslist because I want to know it went to some who is without a tv right now.

20. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

I have almost a full bag of puppy training pads if anyone wants them. I also have here a Lightening McQueen car (and the charger for it) that my brother would like to sell for $75. It does work, just a little faded in color.

I do not know if my brother has posted the car or not, but since there are a lot of people on here that have kids, thought I would through it out there.

We are looking for, cheap, a working push mower. Ours bit the dust and since funds are tight, we cannot afford to go get a new one. I have looked on craigslist and some of them, they want more than we can afford and others, the mowers are crappy. we are still looking.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009