Capriccio 42-Now Open

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4042man, Jun 25, 2009.

1. 4042man

4042man Guest

The New restaurant, Capriccio 42, is now open. It is located where the old oyster bar was, across from CVS on 42. I just figured I'd let everyone know!

Recommendations- Pizza, Sushi, Sashimi

2. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

this is the japanese/italian restaurant?

whats good

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

The enchiladas! ;)

4. cmdknw06

cmdknw06 Well-Known Member

Is there an online menu or website set up yet?

K

5. mom24

mom24 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is that a strange combination for a restaraunt?

6. blessed2adopt2

blessed2adopt2 Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, japanese and italian cuisine?

7. peppercorns

peppercorns Well-Known Member

ya think?

8. LJN

LJN Well-Known Member

I think it is strange whenever a restaurant tries to serve two totally different types of cuisine. Makes me wonder about the quality of the food and the skill of the chefs.

9. 4042man

4042man Guest

I completely understand your skepticism about the two different cuisines, however, the foods are made by two completely different chefs. The sushi is made fresh to order by John at the sushi bar. The Italian is made by the head chef, in the kitchen. He was a chef in new Jersey and makes an amazing pizza.

I would give the restaurant a chance and I think that you will be truly amazed at the modest pricing, $5.00 for sushi, and the quality of the staff and food.

10. seabee

seabee Guest

If its really good and priced good, it will produce as time and word goes...

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Ok, my review:lol: The place has definitely been worked on, it was very clean and open and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. The Japanese side is where the Oyster Bar used to be and the Oyster Bar is now the Sushi Bar - the Italian side (which you can still smoke in) is where Sam's used to be but it has been opened up and looks light and airy. The bar is still the same (ah the memories). You can order any food from either side no matter what side you are sitting on. i ordered from the Japanese menu and DH ordered from the Italian. Jindy (our favorite oyster shucker) is behind the bar on the Italian side:hurray::hurray::hurray: The food was good, maybe a bit pricey but it was good, i had the Dragon Sushi Rolls and they were good, the wasabi was really good and fresh ginger on the side was nice. DH had the ribs. They did have pizza too so i guess that would be a cheaper way to go. i don't see it as a hangout bar place but more like a nice dinner restaurant at this time. Our bill was $77 but that did include a few beverages and DH had to have his saki:cheers: Like i said, a bit high for a regular weekly outing but i would recommend it - maybe next time i will give the pizza a chance and save some bucks:lol: i met one of the owners and he was very nice, i wish them all the best and hope they build a strong business up there - i will definitely be back.

Happy now Seabee:cheers:

12. seabee

seabee Guest

Yes... I will have a good week end now... except there is still an ignore factor going on... :jester::jester:

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

give me another minute - i will get to that too:cheers::cheers:

14. seabee

seabee Guest

Its Friday... you think I have all day... :cheers::cheers:

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

it's done, check out the new thread:cheers:

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, meant to add that i think it is going to be a great addition to food choices in the area, not a competition to them, very different from both the Clubhouse and CDH:cheers:

17. seabee

seabee Guest

Whew.... :lol::lol::lol::cheers:

18. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

Ribs? Were they Italian or Japanese?

19. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Why hasn't anyone suggested he buy ad space from webbie yet? :mrgreen:

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

is he one of the owners? i didn't get that impression, thought maybe a waiter:confused: Anyway, my posts were just my impressions.