Capriccio 42-Now Open

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4042man, Jun 25, 2009.

1. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

girl - no worries. I just thought that it's a little like the Marco's uproar - not an owner but someone closely connected. Just being the ad police. :cheers:

2. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

I know sushi is expensive, but $77.00 for a meal for two? Around here? Maybe I don't go out to eat enough and I'm out of touch, but that's gonna put it out of my range.

Guess I'll stick with Golden Corral on shrimp night :lol:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

did you miss the part where i said we had a few beverages and saki:cheers:

4. Panther Crazy

No. Did you miss the part where I said $77.00 was out of my range?

5. seabee

seabee Guest

have fun at golden corral... :cheers:

6. trev47

trev47 Well-Known Member

My family and my neighbor's family went out together last night to try it out. I believe that everyone enjoyed their food. We ordered from both sides of the kitchen - tempura and sushi, and pizza, steak sandwich, and chicken parmesan. Aside from tempura and sushi there is not much on the Japanese side. Hopefully there will be more choices. The Italian side offered more entree choices. They gave everyone 2 different menus and there were many mistakes on the menu. It would be nice to have one consolidated menu. The staff was very friendly, but it is readily apparent that they are new (ie we asked for parmesan cheese and recieved garlic powder). The timing of the meals were off as well. The tempura was delivered about 8-10 minutes before the pizza. The consensus at our table was that the food was good, it was a little pricey, the staff was nice but still learning, and we would go back and hopefully they would work out some of the kinks. We are happy for another choice in the area.

7. stella

stella Guest

I keep seeing "pricey" regarding this restaurant. Not sure it will last too long around these parts! Please! Why can't we get a good cafeteria around here?!

8. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I wish them success because the place has been empty for a while and would be great to have a business booming, but I can honestly say that I just can't get excited about the idea of trying it out. I don't like sushi etc. and as strange as it sounds (because I know it does) I would prefer to have the place I go into have one theme.

9. stella

stella Guest

I agree - TOTALLY - very weird mix

10. Sdaanimal

Sdaanimal Well-Known Member

It was mentioned that there is a smoking section; does the restaurant smell at all of smoke in the non-smoking section? We have major allergies and that would prohibit us from being able to go there (we can't go to Cracker Barrel for this reason). Sounds interesting...I wonder if their sushi bar has a vegan selection.

It sounds intriguing, and I am thinking that the issues of timing and confusion with the menu and new staff will work out with time, as they get into the swing of things. We would like to try it, if it is truly smoke free in designated areas.

11. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

can you give us a rating on their pizza when you get a chance? Maybe this place can round out your top 3 behind Pizza Inn and Marcos.

12. seabee

seabee Guest

Pizza inn ???? I never rated them around here... Marcos has decent pizza..

I will surely give them my pizza rating... :jester:

13. michellegrl77

michellegrl77 Well-Known Member

We went Friday. I LOVED the sushi! I thought that was VERY reasonably priced. My DH did order chicken and got fish BUT they were VERY quick to fix it and took the chicken off the bill! You HAVE to know when you go to a resturant that is new that there are gonna be a mistakes, If this bothers you then you need to wait a few weeks b4 you try it out! We had 4 people eating sushi and it was only 30.00 now keep in mind we ate ALOT of sushi. I like the place no more expensive then CDH or Clubhouse to me. Needless to say we will be going there again and again. :hurray:

14. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

thanks michelle! I was waiting patiently on the sushi report! I think we will go tonite or tomorrow and check it out! I can't wait!! :hurray::hurray:

15. redtangsoo

redtangsoo Well-Known Member

Went last night with a table of 6, food was ok, friendly service, prob. would go again.

16. evnchris

evnchris Well-Known Member

I went there last night. The prices on the non-premium sushi were really good. For example you could get a Philly and/or Dragon roll for only $5. I wasn't blown away by the sushi, it was good don't get me wrong, but I've had better.

As for the appetizer though, we had ordered the spring rolls and they were fantastic! I usually don't care for them but they did a good job on making those.

Next time I'll try the Italian food since I am Italian!! Of course I'll be very critical being that I'm used to homemade Italian. :)

All-in-all it was a good atmosphere and a great place to eat.

17. Panther Crazy

Actually I don't go there very often now that the kids are grown. I do like going for breakfast once in a while

Two Cousins pizza is fantastic. The only pizza I've had around here that's better is Lilly's at five points. Very offbeat, beatnick-college-student atmosphere. It's fun to get a couple of beers, eat a couple of slices, and laugh at the scenary. :lol:

18. seabee

seabee Guest

Been by Lilly's many a times but never tried it, not yet at least.

19. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but $30 for 4 people does not equal ALOT of sushi. I (by myself) can sit down at any of the local sushi resturants (Kanki, Kobe, and the one at White Oak that I forget the name of) and eat $30-$40 worth of sushi in assorted rolls and Nigiri.

I am looking forward to trying the sushi though.

PS...as an example I'll normally spend $18-$20 at lunch for sushi, end up with 3 rolls, and a few peices of nigiri.

Craig

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  20. ddrdan

ddrdan Well-Known Member

Went 2 nights ago. Service was iffy, but you have to ignore that as they are newly opened. Food was very good. After working in a restaurant for 8 years I've found you test them by their cheap meals. If there’s quality in the cheap meals the rest will be even better.

I had the salad with grilled chicken, roasted peppers and ball mozzarella. The wife had their burger. Both we very very good and under $20 total. So their cheap side is an above average meal and I'm sure their service will improve.

I'll go back. The sushi choices were excellent, that's my next pick.

The best restaurant I’ve been to this week is the PepperMill in downtown Fuquay on hwy 401. All I can say is WOW! Great food, great service, huge portions, great atmosphere and the prices are too low. I had the grouper two veg’s and a salad ….$10 and I needed a to-go box when I was done. Dinner for two with desert for one was $24.