Baby gift

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CrazyFabulous, Jul 6, 2009.

1. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Ihave those too AND a $50 gift card!! eek!!

2. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

my grandbaby to be got some "I would rather be at Oak Island" onesies at the shower!

3. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I need me one of dem!! :mrgreen:

4. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

and Turtle Island

5. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  6. cece

cece Well-Known Member

Are you crafty at all? Everyone will be buying them something.... How about a handmade baby blanket?... That is so sentimental.

7. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

i am not crafty at all. and really.....if i were, i dont think this couple would love something handmade as much as someone else would.

8. seabee

seabee Guest

why be friends????????? 8)8)

9. CrazyFabulous

we are not friends....its a co-worker.

10. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

Buy them a gift cerificate for Olan Mills or some other photography studio. Get a couple of people together and go in together to get them one present.

The way I see it, if these people don't appreciate what they get, regardless of the price, then I would tell them to stuff it.

11. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Girl, young or old, rich or poor, when someone is having a baby, you can NEVER go wrong with diapers.

12. Melynda

Melynda Well-Known Member

Are they not registered anywhere?

I agree that diapers are great.

I also like the idea of monogrammed items (like a blanket matching the baby's nursery theme) - but I like to give those after the baby is born so the name & date of birth can be included.

At my last shower I received a baby book ... but it much cuter than the average. All I needed to do was add pictures. It was set up like a scrapper's book with all the cute cut outs and such.

13. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I agree with nothing. :twisted:

I'm getting meaner in my old age.

14. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

check this out....

www.belscriba.com

my 2nd cousins wife and her mother do this as a side business. they make "cakes" out of rolled up binkees and blankees, and her mother makes the blankees by hand. You can custom make your own "cake" to include whatever items you want included in it from a large list of items they use.

You can also click on the cakes in the bakery case on the home page to see the actual cakes they've recently made.

15. CrazyFabulous

OMG thats some cute stuff. i would never have the patience to put that together! they must be good womenz!

16. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

Gift card for Babies R Us. If they don't like what ever you decide, don't worry about it.

17. H3xKing

H3xKing Well-Known Member

Lemme get this straight...

you need to get a gift for someone who...

"can buy anything they want for their new born and are very picky with expensive taste?"

and your relationship with this person...

"we are not friends....its a co-worker"

WHY? Are they your boss?

BTW: don't care how much money you have, if you's gots a baby, you's gonna need lotsa diapers.

18. CrazyFabulous

boss! is that you?