Celebrate Cleveland

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by fireworks, May 28, 2009.

1. We found a great spot to watch the fireworks. They were awesome. I don't know why anyone would drive to the fairgrounds in Raleigh and get stuck in all that traffic when they could see a display like last night's right here in our own community! :hurray:

2. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

We had a great time. My son was the one in parade in the little John Deere Gator with the flags on it. :mrgreen:

3. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

We did the parade and watched the fireworks from our street. I enjoyed the parade as usual, but was pretty disappointed in the Cleveland Baseball team towards the end that BEANED my children with the candy and put my mother on the spot.

4. kimmie

kimmie Well-Known Member

that was me.... JUST KIDDING! :jester:

5. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Watched from our front porch. We could see them just over the trees.

6. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Blues, those were my neighbors. They must have spent a fortune!

Thanks to those who came to the parade! If you looked hard enough you saw Little Bit and I waving from the bright blue pickup truck. She had a ball throwing candy out!

7. reeteach2

reeteach2 Well-Known Member

Who was giving out soccer balls?

8. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Little Bit got a soccer ball from some crazy looking old geezer riding in the back of a pickup truck.....

9. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

he he he . . .

10. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

sorry we missed it, ended up with about 30 people in my backyard and DS had taken a trip south and brought back more fireworks than they had at Cleveland:lol: Between us and our neighbor who had a load of them too we had an awesome firework show, the whole neighborhood was cheering:cheers:

11. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

we enjoyed the show 'from afar'..........thanks!! :lol: :hurray:

12. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

aww thanks, it was so cute, had a bunch of pre-teen girls in the pool and they were singing God Bless the USA, Star Spangled Banner, etc as the fireworks were going off, love that American spirit

13. fireworks

fireworks Active Member

You are welcome

Thanks for all the kind remarks!

14. Redneck Rich

Redneck Rich Well-Known Member

Hey, was ya'll the ones with the jumping thing? My younguns wore that thang out (wore themselves out too)!

15. seabee

seabee Guest

that was L&G Farms... I believe...

16. KDsGrandma

Yes, that was us! Glad the kids enjoyed it!

17. KDsGrandma

L&G Farms donated the use of the bounce house, supervision was by our members. How come I didn't see you there? You could have walked up and said hello! :evil:

:jester:

18. seabee

seabee Guest

oops....

19. seabee

seabee Guest

I was enjoying my day... :jester::jester: I was there early and than after lunch.. your tent was down then. 8)8)

20. KDsGrandma

I was there early, before the parade, but we called it quits about noon. Our float won second prize in the parade, and Pastor Judi got a blue ribbon for her costume as Betsy Ross. It was a fun event.