Capriccio 42-Now Open

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4042man, Jun 25, 2009.

1. snowdio

snowdio Well-Known Member

2. snowdio

Can you order pizza as take out?

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

yep, we did:cheers:

4. snowdio

Is the pizza like real NY pizza? How much was it approx?
    Thanks

5. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Based on a study performed by the food network, the only place you will ever find NY pizza is actually in NY as it has to do with the actual water used to make the dough more than anything else.

6. snowdio

Good point :)

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

as for NY pizza, don't know - it was good, big pieces of everything on the top, we got the "special", not sure what they called it but it was a large and it was $11.90 - same size as Papa's Johns large and half the price:hurray:

8. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

If I like the food I do, if I hate it.....probably couldn't tell you 30 minutes later what I disliked about it. I'm the same way with cooking and pulling receipes from food network, fix it once and if I like it I can repeat everything about it for months to come to include the cooking details.

Which BTW reminds me gotta pick up some shrimp as it's about time for my cheesy shrimp and grits again.

Craig

9. granola acres mayor

granola acres mayor Well-Known Member

This might be dangerous, .... i know i shouldnt bring up things from the past posts, but here goes, when folks where talking about it being a strange mix of cuizene, it occured to me that a long time running buisness around here as well as in ather states,that is a very curious mix of cuizene, and yet we have all/most been there from time to time and never questioned the weird mix, how about tacos and fried chicken? hmmm mexican and southern american, i think that is a fairly strange mix but K.F.C and Taco bell have been shareing the same building for quite some time,actually for as many years as i can remember, i know the quality is a different spectrum but basicaly the same idea. give the people what they want no matter how strange! Kuddos to the new place hope it has a successful and long lasting future.
    GAM

10. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

But you now have a restaurant that serves something that is no longer Mexican and no longer Southern. Your comparison hasn't helped the cause any.

11. fizzco

fizzco Well-Known Member

cafeteria? sorry but that's disgusting. just my opinion

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Well so was she, and she is gone!

13. seabee

seabee Guest

no she wasn't...

14. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Wow. She was obnoxious yes, but disgusting I don't recall. And a little harsh given your tolerance for other behavior on this board. :?

15. raratann

raratann Guest

$5 lunch special

Hey guys,

My name is Ra and I am the chef at Capriccio 42. I would like to announce that we have an all-you-can-eat pizza lunch special. I hope that you guys will give the restaurant a chance because I know that you will enjoy it.

16. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

We've enjoyed it all three visits.
    It wasn't pricey at all, moreso an excellent value for the price.

17. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

wish i worked close enough to enjoy the lunch buffet but not that lucky:cry: BTW, webbie has a great program for advertising on this board, check it out.

18. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

:iagree:

19. Niese

Niese Well-Known Member

Great salmon and great pizza for a reasonable price!

20. blusdrmr

blusdrmr Well-Known Member

Now, don't start ragging on the guy, Kaci, about advertising. He and I sat down at his computer the other day and he is going to be setting up an advertising banner on here. He just does not understand it very well. He has the webbie's number to call and has done so, as far as I know. So.....go easy will ya.