East Park Plaza (Walmart) Shopping Center Business List

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Jul 13, 2009.

1. Webmaster

Webmaster Administrator

As we currently hear it on the Johnston County grapevine, here's the list that will be setting up shop next to Walmart at 40/42.

Rue21
    Shoe Show
    Dollar Tree
    Chinese Buffet
    Game Stop
    Sprint
    Pizza & Italian Restaurant
    Fantastic Sams
    Marvelous Nails
    H & R Block
    Fiesta Mexicana
    Murphy’s Oil

8)

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that!

For the most part however it does not sound too exiting!

3. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We drove in there this weekend, Walmart and Dollar Store both have signs up, but aren't close to being done. I wonder what kind of pizza place it will be? Probably a cici's...kids would like that!

4. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Teee hehehehehe

Rue21 - not a teenager 8)
    Shoe Show - ummmm, isn't that what kohl's if for :mrgreen:
    Dollar Tree - we just got the dollar store on cleveland
    Chinese Buffet - another one? :neutral:
    Game Stop - there's one in white oak
    Sprint - what about the sprint store in the same plaza with DQ
    Pizza & Italian Restaurant - again... ANOTHER ONE?
    Fantastic Sams - I lost count of the hair places in this area :neutral:
    Marvelous Nails - lost count on these too :neutral:
    H & R Block - hmmmmm
    Fiesta Mexicana - AGAIN ... another one? :neutral:
    Murphy’s Oil - say what? :confused:

but I am glad WALMART is coming because now I don't have to leave my "little world":mrgreen:
    8)[/quote]

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Murphy's Oil is the Wal-Mart gas station.

Dollar Tree is not the same as Dollar General - everything is $1 at Dollar Tree.

I don't really see anything on the list to persuade me to go there instead of White Oak.

6. OutdoorPlay

OutdoorPlay Well-Known Member

At this point the only shining part is the future. 10 years from now and into the future when Walmart doesn't want the store anymore and needs to move to a newer location. Maybe Bass Pro Shops will take the store over, and then we have something worthwhile.

7. Crysta

Crysta Guest

I'm all about the Walmart, dollar store, and Mexican place, for the convenience. I don't mind driving to White Oak, especially since it's virtually on the way to half the places we go outside of Johnston County, but I always find the Walmart on 70 to be out of the way. I do wish we were getting a Cato or something instead of Rue.

Other than the three places metioned above and possibly the shoe store to check it out, I'm sure we'll never go to any of the other places in the center. And it really bugs me that we're getting an H&R Block, as they are such predators. Anyone unintelligent enough to use them, especially in a bad economy, probably needs the money that they're wasting at H&R Block more than most people. This place more than any of the other businesses really nails home the fact that the 40/42 area is still viewed (demographically) as a lower class area. :cry:

8. Panther Crazy

Panther Crazy Well-Known Member

I agree about the hair and nail salons. As my Grandma used to say..."Ya can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting one!" :lol:

9. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I think Sprint and H&R Block are moving to these new locations which will open up a little more vacant office space elsewhere.

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Where is the gas station Murphy's Oil going to be? I don't see a gas station going up? Or did I miss it?

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice on the side left side (as you look from the front) of Walmart it looks they are putting in a drive-thru? For the pharmacy? Maybe?

12. UWISH

UWISH Well-Known Member

Thank gawd Liberty Tax isn't going over there!

13. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Well, doesn't look like anything I can't already get right here in Clayton. So I won't be adding to the 4042 traffic woes. 8)

14. seabee

seabee Guest

good... :jester:

15. Sassygurl81

Sassygurl81 Well-Known Member

It is for the pharmacy.

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Now THAT is positive thinking. :)

17. scbuff

scbuff Well-Known Member

I am glad they are building a gas station over there. Maybe it will make the hwy42 gas tyrants lower their prices to compete with them. It is straight BS they always charge 10 cent or more for a gallon of gas than what you can get it for in garner.

If I own a gas station, i would sell cheaper gas even if it was a penny to draw in more business. With everybody with the same gas prices, it is up to brand selectioni pretty much

18. LETSGOEERS!!!

LETSGOEERS!!! Well-Known Member

19. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

well i know the Sprint store is just changing locations from beside DQ to the Walmart center, don't know if the H&R Block store is moving though or if they are opening another one separate from the one already on 42.

20. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

there has been an H&R Block location on 42 for at least 10 years now.