Capriccio 42-Now Open

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by 4042man, Jun 25, 2009.

1. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

She wasn't ragging. Probably just wanting it to be fair that he have to advertise like everyone else. He's already gotten a lot of good publicity on this site and I know webbie will be glad to have the business as well. It's good for everyone.

2. NCGIRL

NCGIRL Well-Known Member

We went there this afternoon. I got some sushi and my husband got the tuna. Our kids got the kids pasta. The owners were awesome and our waitress Jessica was great. We will definitely be going back. The sushi was delicious and my husband said his tuna was fantastic.

So glad to have a new family owned business with fantastic food.

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Geez Blus, there was no raggin, i have been to the place several times and love it and posted as such. Being new to the board, i assumed he was not aware of the rules about advertising and just wanted to give him a heads up and suggest it to him before he did get the usual raggin - so please read with comprehension before making assumptions.

4. seabee

seabee Guest

git him... :jester::cheers:

5. tame44444

tame44444 Well-Known Member

Capriccio 42 review

My husband and I went to Cappricio 42 for lunch today, and I wanted to add my 2 cents worth for a review of the new eatery. My husband, who is a picky sushi person, had 4 different rolls and said they were all big and were all good. He also liked the ginger sauce they offered for the golden salad. I had the pizza buffet, which I learned was made as you order, it's not pizza laid out like Pizza Inn. They bring you 4 slices at a time, which is half a pizza to start with. My pizza was also good, it's similar to Two Cousins. We were both pleased with the new building renovations, and they were almost full for lunch today on both sides of the restaurant. And for a Monday at lunchtime, and with it being a new restaurant, that says alot. We were pleased with our lunch today and will eat there again soon.

6. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

"All you can eat" and "buffet" don't have the same meaning. :mrgreen: I was disappointed to find no buffet and limited topping choices.

7. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

The wife and I were there at lunch as well and though the pizza was pretty good, the "buffet" or lack thereof, was disappointing.

We saw person after person look at their waiter or waitress when they explained the buffet and how it worked. Call us crazy but i think everyone of us had the same idea of a long table of different types of pizza staying warm under a heat lamp, which was not the case.

You can get 3 types of pizza. A Cheese pizza and then you can select 1 of 4 toppings. An Old World (if i remember right) pizza with the same as above and then another type (cant remember it) and you get to pick from a few more toppings.

So we got a 14" pepperoni and it cost each of us $5, not including tea. Total bill was $14.50

Now had we eaten all of that (which we did, barely) we could have ordered another pizza (10-15 minute wait) ate it, ordered another (10-15 minute wait) at it...etc etc etc and it would have been worth the money.

However, if you order a pizza and leave 2 or more sliced on the plate, you get charged an extra $1.50 per slice. Also you can not take any left overs home from the buffet.

So basically it was $14.50 for a "medium" 1 topping pizza (better eat all of it or else) and tea.

No buffet to be found.

The pizza was pretty good though and did like what they did with the place inside.

8. fooser

fooser Active Member

The wife and I ate there the other night. The sushi is great. Sat at the sushi bar and had
    the pleasure of meeting John and Micheal. Had the seaweed salad. Fantastic! John suggested the sushi and it was fantastic. Big rolls. It's so nice to have a place close by
    with out having to go to Raleigh. Looking forward to going back!!!

9. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Grinder,

We noticed the same.....lots of construction guys coming in looking for a buffet, with lots of body language to follow.

10. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

My wife did remind me, and evidently i missed it, that it says All You Can Eat Pizza, $5.00, not All You.........Buffet.

11. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

This is true. There is a difference. Think of Olive Garden's Neverending Pasta Bowl. Or Red Lobster's All You Can Eat Shrimp. It's not a buffet - it brought to you as it is requested. It's more classy than a buffet and less wasteful. Personally, I would prefer a fresh made-to-order pizza than heat-lamp pizza that others might have touched.

12. seabee

seabee Guest

:cheers:

13. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Me too, but I felt like there were so many strings attached.

14. snowdio

snowdio Well-Known Member

I don't like to say anything bad about anyone's business but I finally gave Capriccio's a try and unfortunately I was disappointed. They only have one size pizza and it was barely big enough for two adults and a child. The crust was hard and burnt and there was hardly any cheese. It was almost $11 and tasted no better than a frozen pizza. The restaurant was clean and the help was very polite but I'm sorry to say they don't know how to make a good pizza. In case they had an off night, I'll give them one more try.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i am truly surprised. DH and i got the pizza and it was very large and after both of us had our fill, there were 2 large pieces left - more than enough for a child. Everyone we have talked to that has had the pizza has loved it so maybe it was a freak occurrence or maybe their kind of pizza is just not to your liking - glad you are willing to give it another try.:hurray:

16. Cayvmann

Cayvmann Guest

The sushi bar definitely has my vote. Took my woman and brother there recently and loved all of it. I'll have to try the Italian fare soon.

17. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Have you tried the Italian place near Lowes Foods at 42/50?

18. michelle

michelle Well-Known Member

WTH? That's enough of a reason for me not to go there. That's just crazy!!!

19. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

michelle... I am surprised at you. THAT'S what ziplocs in the purse are for. ;)

20. pcroom

pcroom Well-Known Member

Never thought about that!!!!!!!!! THANKS, Pat