East Park Plaza (Walmart) Shopping Center Business List

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by Webmaster, Jul 13, 2009.

1. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

They refer to us as yankees.

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

:iagree:

3. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i have been trying my hardest to get someone i know to open a used bookstore down here similar to the one she has in Raleigh, she's thinking on it, got my fingers crossed.

4. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Hey NY... can you read sign language?? :mrgreen:

:jester::p

5. Tit4Tat

Tit4Tat Well-Known Member

Why do yall complain soooo much. think positive. dang.

U never know. Maybe it will be kept up. Give the dang place a chance. Just because they are not putting what "you" want, the whole thing sucks? come on...

No chick fil a, i am not going..waaaa. *cry*

get over it.:lol:

6. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

go T4T:lol::lol::lol::hurray:

7. AWmom

AWmom Well-Known Member

probably just another rumor, but I heard that a chick-fil-a was going up at the new Wal Mart.

8. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

I agree! :iagree: I'm actually looking forward to Walmart and Dollar Tree. And if Chick-fil-a comes, that's even better. But no one is going to make everyone happy. The traffic will suck, sure, but that's what happens when you live somewhere with growth.

It's better than the opposite: where I'm from, there is NO traffic, but there's also no jobs and no conveniences. They have to drive 15 minutes to get to any kind of store (and I mean ANY kind of store!) People are depressed, grouchy and poor.

9. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  10. markfnc

markfnc Well-Known Member

I have a question, all these comments of "we should have a book store or an organic grocery store, or Target, or Chick Fil A etc etc". Do you not think if Target/ Borders/ Whole Foods thought they could make money here they would not come here. It is all demographics, number of house holds within 3 miles, 5 miles, 10 miles: dollars per family in the same areas.

If you want to wish is fine, but business wise it must not make sense to experts who pick locations every day for a living.

We think it is crowded here, but it is not enough to supprts some of these major stores. .

11. MARPKR

MARPKR Active Member

Have you tried the Blockbuster via mail? That is the best! You have a que online and you put whatever movies you want to watch and as you watch them put them back in the mail (no postage needed) and they send you more. We always have movies and it very reasonable ($18 or so) and you can watch as many movies as you want and not late fee ~ and save on gas from running back and forth to the store. The first month we had it we watched over 60 movies. Don't have that kind of time anymore but I still watch enough to pay the standard fee and not a rental fee and have to take them back to the store. Love it :hurray:

12. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

Blockbuster won't come...I remember after Christmas last year they were one of the companies in big trouble, and it was possible they would be going out of business this year. So they're probably not going to build anymore.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

who needs Blockbuster with Netflix available?

14. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I tried Blockbuster online and Netflix. I am one of those backwards people that wants to go to the store and physically pick one out. I have no idea why, I just like it better. Of course, I am in town nearly daily, so it's no big deal.

15. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i guess i have gotten spoiled, it is so nice that when you want to watch a movie you just pull up Netflix and scroll through and pick what you want to watch without having to go to a store and worry about late fees.

16. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

Red Box!! Movie vending machine!! that's the dealio....$1 a day! the best thing ever invented.

17. seabee

seabee Guest

18. johnstoncogirl

johnstoncogirl Well-Known Member

I love Red Box. You can look them up online and find all the locations in your area and you can reserve movies online (of find out if they don't have what you want) before heading out to pick them up. It is cheap (a buck a day) and you can return your Red Box DVD to any Red Box location regardless of where you rented it. I've seen them in WalMart, Walgreen's and Lowe's Foods and even saw one in a McD's. So far I've been happy with them, although I've only rented a few times so I don't have much to base it on.

19. MamaApe

MamaApe Well-Known Member

I agree, I love Redbox!