What book are you reading?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Nov 28, 2007.

1. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Are you my long lost twin!? Me too. I have to be super careful with the library books! I have a TON of good historical fiction if you're interested. Do you like Phillipa Gregory?

2. AnnetteL

AnnetteL Well-Known Member

Must be :lol:
    it once happened to one of my library books as well,after drying that thing smelled up to double it's original size :oops:
    I think I read P. Gregory before,let me look her up again and I'll let you know :)

3. AnnetteL

Have you ever read Boudica by Manda Scott,real good too!!

4. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

No, but I will look up. But if you look up Gregory and are interested I have a TON of her books. She wrote The Other Boelyn Girl.

5. AnnetteL

Ahhhhh-that rang the necessary bell - I read that one and several others of hers as well,I'll look her up and see if she's got any other ones that I have not read yet,thanks VG!
    Btw-I never saw the movie 'The other Boelyn Girl' since it's often a disappointment after reading the book first,one of the only times that I saw the movie after reading the books (for the second time) without it being disappointing was when I saw 'The Lord of the Rings' .

6. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

Yep, I always read the book before I see the movie. Oh and I just read the Scarlet Pimpernel and it was such a fast read and really good. And if you haven't read her newest book about Mary Queen of Scots I own it and you can borrow it anytime :)

7. AnnetteL

Thanks!! I read a bio about Bloody Mary and recently saw the Series The Tudors,so it's all still sort of fresh.
    One's I did not read by her yet are, Katherine,The Wise Woman and Devil Water ;)

8. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

after her husband died.... i saw her latest book on the shelf at the bookstore down at the outlets, and the clerk said it really wasn't that great. Nothing compared to her previous trilogys.

9. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Im in Charlotte honey, but you can drop it off any time at the house. If Sam is not there just leave it in the door. Thank you!!!

10. seabee

seabee Guest

O.U.I. :twisted:

11. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

I'll drop them today, I had already left for work when you posted.

12. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Hmmm, that reminds me of another author whose husband died. After that her books were full of anger and bitterness - her subject matter had always been inspirational, uplifting, and educating. But he killed himself.

13. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Civil War Journal - The battles

By the History Channel
    Edited by William C Davis, Brian C. Pohanka, and Don Troiani

14. AnnetteL

'The Light Bearer' by Donna Gillespie
    historical fiction during Roman times,over 1000 pages:drool:
    read it last summer.

15. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

The Shack, and it is awesome.

16. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Can I borrow that when you are through, kel?

17. KellBell

yes you can!

18. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

i wondered if you had read it yet. i still want to read your alan jackson's wife's book.

19. CrazyFabulous

CrazyFabulous Well-Known Member

yes.....you can.

20. KellBell

I am done with that. It is really good.