Best and Worst Rollercoasters?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by CakePrincess, Aug 4, 2009.

1. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Just for the fun of it:

What's your favorite roller coaster? Dislike? Why? I'll start with mine's:

Favorite Steel: Apollo's Chariot of Busch Garden Williamsburg, VA (smooth/comfort/230ft drop)
    Favorite Wood: The Beast of King's Island, OH (longest and scenic ride)

Least Fav Steel: Steel Phantom of Kennywood/Pittsburgh, PA (head shake violently, painful)
    Least Fav Wood: Jack Rabbit of Kennywood/Pittsburgh, PA (mean teaser - made us think our coaster jump off the track)

2. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Since King's Island used to be open occasionally on Easter Sunday (no one else there), me and the wife would jump on the Beast, we would have to exit and then jump back on. 5 times in a row and it is hard to walk straight!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  3. seabee

seabee Guest

easy one

Cedar Point
    Millennium Force- All steel, all speed, 310' high and up to 93mph 2:20 min long

Mean streak- Best Woodie I been on which includes Beast... Mean streak is named quite well nearly 3 min longs and 3 nice hills and 65mph, it is fast and furious for sure.

Geauga Lake [now closed] had

X-flight which is now at Kings Island called Firehawk... Wow.... you get loaded up and then it tilts you all the way till your laying on your back eyes in the sky and away you go. when you first get in you notice the restraint gear being like in a fighter jet and you realize quickly why. plenty inversions and face to the ground riding. Unique ride definately.

Villian.... Woodie another great one but I dont think it ended up anywhere else after Geauga closed down it was one rough beat the crap outta ya coaster

Do Love me some coasters... :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2009
  4. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Best is Rock 'n Roller Coaster at Disney Hollywood Studios.

5. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Like the Dueling Dragons at Universal Island of Adventures .... the way it makes you feel you're gonna crash into the other coaster is great! Lots of turns, but it's very smooth.

Montu & Kumba in Tampa are really fun too .... weeeeeee

Also like the Batman at Six Flags in Jersey ... loved the inverted seating and it was fast and smooth.

Hate the Incredible Hulk - the shaking was unreal and my head hurt so bad afterward.

6. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

:ack::ack::ack:

I'll be on the merry go round. :lol:

7. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

I love the Loch Ness Monster....and the Griffin at Busch Gardens.

Flight of Fear (inside and dark), Dominator and Shockwave (stand up) are pretty awesome at Kings Dominion.

I love, love, love me some rollercoasters!

8. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I rode the ones at Busch Gardens, don't remember which one it was but on one of them I banged my jaw on the shoulder harness and things went black for a few seconds. I remember it was more jerky and bumpy than fun. :cry:

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

i just love them all:cheers:

10. englishbullymom

englishbullymom Well-Known Member

For those Busch Gardens fans, we just got word from my aunt who works there that Big Bad Wolf is closing down I think sometime in September. This was the first every roller coaster hubby rode as a kid so he's pretty bummed-we might have to go before Hallow Scream in October this year just so he can ride it!! It is the old one that flings you out over the pond in the dark:lol:

KB- I love all the coasters at Busch Gardens, but I'll be danged if I was getting on the Griffin this past year!!:shock: I was a chicken while hubby rode it 3 times. NO THANK YOU!!:lol:

11. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

oh no, i loved riding that roller coaster:cry:

12. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Ummmmmmmm, sounds like some us girls make need to take a weekender without the kids / hubby's to ride some roller coasters 8):mrgreen:

13. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

LOL....I almost didn't make it through the line at the Griffon....but what would my two 11 year olds (at the time) think? LOL. I did pass on the front seat on that one. :shock:

14. JenniferK

JenniferK Well-Known Member

Save me a seat

15. mudd77

mudd77 Active Member

Favorite Themed Coaster: "The Mummy" - Universal Studios Florida

Favorite Steel Coaster: "The Hulk" - Islands of Adventure

Favorite Wood Coaster: "Thunderhead" - Dollywood

16. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

They have already dismantled one of the coasters I liked.....the Drachenfire

And I remember the first summer that the Shockwave was opened....the lines for it were freaking crazy.

17. CakePrincess

CakePrincess Well-Known Member

Just found out that Fabio, the "Him-bo" model, rode Busch Garden's Apollo's Chariot and got a serious hard smack on his face by a goose!

Yep, The Big Bad Wolf is doing to be retired this September. The park won't say if it's going to be replaced with the new one. Sounds like a hush-hush to me and maybe they're going to surprise us.

Oh yeah, I remember riding the "stand-up" coaster ride for first time, at Six Flags Magic Mountain, CA. It was really nothing.

18. Sporadic2000

Sporadic2000 Well-Known Member

19. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

Yes it does. lol

20. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Ya'll are nuts!! I hate all roller coasters. Last one I rode was New York New York in Vegas and I am sure everyone on the Strip heard me screaming. I was scared to death and I don't care how much DH begs, I will never ride another one. And we are going to Hershey Park next week. No coasters!