NC Mountains

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by turtlepits, Aug 5, 2009.

1. turtlepits

turtlepits Well-Known Member

I was wondering if you guys have any places in the NC mountains you would suggest to visit. An area that has things to do where a 10 and 12 year old will not be bored out their minds with. Thanks!

2. Wayne Stollings

Wayne Stollings Well-Known Member

Boone/Blowing Rock area has Tweetsie and gem mines. There is also the Cone Manor with tons of hiking trails. Linville Falls is not far, as is Grandfather Mountain, which has a zoo too.

3. mom24

mom24 Well-Known Member

Linville Falls is the best!!! They also have those underground caves that my kids loved.

4. Jalen

Jalen Well-Known Member

Best Bet in my opinion as well

5. Wayne Stollings

All three of them!!! Valle Cruis, the Annex and downtown Boone.

6. bettyboop

bettyboop Guest

I Agree!

7. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

8. ImTheNormal0ne

ImTheNormal0ne Well-Known Member

the caverns were neat we missed out on the falls when we went this year. did go to tweetsie raliroad and grandfather mountin too :)

9. turtlepits

Thanks for the info. We are going to stay in Boone. I've googled so much my eyes hurt!

10. Tangerine

Tangerine Well-Known Member

let us know how it goes. we're looking for somewhere to go and take the girls.

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

I've been to Boone also and think its a beautiful area and plenty to do up there.

12. Wayne Stollings

If you get the chance the Daniel Boone Inn is a get dinner outing. You get homecooking and lots of it.

Also the Mountain View Restaurant in Boone (I believe that is the name) is great for breakfast at a good price. It is near the mall on 301.

13. turtlepits

Will do! Thanks so much!

14. DMJmom

DMJmom Well-Known Member

We love the diner in Boone, can't remember the name but it's right next to the Comfort Suites there. Awesome lunch and desserts!!!

15. Wayne Stollings

It is Mel's diner. It is good for lunch and you cannot miss it. It is a silver 1950s diner.

16. Wayne Stollings

And they are still a working farm general store with a post office and the checkerboard in front of the wood stove.

17. OverdaRainbow

OverdaRainbow Well-Known Member

:iagree: I was there end of January, both are awesome.

18. Kent

Kent Well-Known Member

2 recommendations in Boone:

Cornerstone Christian Bookstore - 1894 Blowing Rock Rd (on the main drag between ASU and Blowing Rock - awesome

Mike's Inland Seafood - 174 Jefferson Rd (just off 421 going into Boone) - great

19. pkc789

pkc789 Well-Known Member

We stayed at the Best Western in Boone in 2007. It was nice all except the beds were hard. They had a nice pool, free breakfast and wonderful view from their front "porch" area. We hiked Linville Falls, toured Linville Caverns and also went to Grandfather Mtn to visit the animals and walk across the swinging bridge. We also went to Daniel Boone Gardens. Lots of fun and lots of walking but the best part is less humidity and lower temps! Have fun on your trip!

20. VivianS

VivianS Well-Known Member

:iagree: with most of the places previously mentioned, and want to add Woodlands BBQ! It's western BBQ, but the place is awesome!