Marco's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by swinkles, Jul 23, 2009.

1. swinkles

swinkles Well-Known Member

We ordered take out from Marco's tonight and it was the last time that we will go there!! I have given them time after time...they will not get anymore of my money...

Garlic Knots - nearly burnt, dry, couldn't even taste the garlic

Salad - had BIG chunks of brown lettuce in it - gross

Pizza - WAY too much sauce and way too much cheese...(I never thought I would complain about having too much cheese by the way)

So disappointed...

2. Tell me about it

We gave them several chances after they opened. We ordered delivery, take out and eat in. All three ways were aweful!! The service lacked and the food was never right. We have started to go to the italian place by lowe';s foods at 50 and 42. Or their sister store Two Cousins pizza.

3. Hatteras6

Hatteras6 Well-Known Member

Went in for dinner tonight. Shared a lasagna, which was good. Garlic knots were, as previously said, hard with little flavor. Service was fair. Was hoping for much better.

4. Kdog

Kdog Well-Known Member

La Piazza has some good food. Malbury on Main is ok but LP is better.

5. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  6. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

We used to go quite a bit when they were first opened and the food was always good and the service excellent. That was when the two brothers were always there. I believe they are the owners. The last few times we have gone, I have not seen either brother and the food has gone downhill and the service the last time we were there was horrible. We haven't been back since. I wonder if the owners are not so hands on anymore and that has affected everything.

7. lovetherascals

lovetherascals Well-Known Member

momof3grls- the teen attitude from the front-counter girls is why we don't go there anymore either! The snotty looks they gave my 12 y-o DD and the tone they took with me- No thanks- not worth it - too many other places I can spend my money on pizza.

8. JayT

JayT Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me?! My wife and I have "Pizza Thursday" every week. Every week they do NOT disappoint! We love Marco's! Sure, you don't see the brothers there as often as you used to... One moved away and one just had a baby recently.

LP has terrible, undercooked pizza, but I assume that's because they're trying to be more than a pizza joint like their other stores. If you want pizza from them, head to their other stores - 2cousins on 210 normally has their best, if you ask us.

Have any of you talked to Marco's about your service or disappointment? IMHO, they are one of the few family run places that epitomize the local community business which the 4042 community should embrace.... talk to them, they don't bite. 919.772.1323.

9. Jean S

Jean S Well-Known Member

We go to Veneros in Clayton. The food is always fantastic and the service is quick and friendly! One time (out of the dozens of times we have eaten there) we got a stromboli that was not cooked right - hard and crusty on the outside and not well cooked on the inside, we mentioned it to the waitress and within minutes, Jimmy himself (the owner) was at our table apologizing, asking what else he could bring to us, got the replacement stromboli out PDQ (which was delicious) and then sent complimentary desserts to our table for the inconvenience. You cant ask for better than that! They are all about good food and good service!

10. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Just Venero's and Two Cousins for me!:)

11. littlemrsb_nc

littlemrsb_nc Active Member

Not worth the hassle!

We used to frequent Marco's VERY often as I love their pizza and garlic knots but I do have to agree that the food has definetly gone downhill in the last year.
    The biggest reason we have stopped spending our money there is this. My hubbie and I often buy gift certificates from restaurant.com. We bought a gc for $25 off of a $35 order. We paid $10 for the gift certificate so already we're spending $20 to use a $35 gift certificate but we decided to order a lot of food and have leftovers to last the weekend. Our order came to the $35 and they added the tip in automatically (as the gc directed). But a few days later I checked my bank bill and they had charged us for the tip AGAIN, after charging us for it a first time. This was not the amount I signed my name to and legally I don't think they are allowed to add an amount onto my card that we didnt authorize We went back to Marcos and tried explaining our situation and they wanted nothing to do with us. They told us that they have been loosing money since they've been doing the restaurant.com thing and basically said it was ok that they overcharged us because of that. I told them they didnt' seem to care about their customers and we will no longer be customer's of theirs if that's what they call customer service. I love their pizza and garlic knots but for that kind of service YOU CAN HAVE 'EM!!!!

12. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

I'd have a talk with my bank about this, something doesn't sound legal about it. I like to say its pretty much stealing on their part. Wonder how many people they've done this to recently. We had an incident like that at the Club House one time and before I had the chance to call about it they were calling people with an apology and an explanation about some sorta system malfunction that caused it the night we were there, that's what I call honest business practice and someone that cares about their customers.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

so sad to hear this about a local business:cry:

14. browns rule

browns rule Guest

:iagree:

:iagree:

15. Tweetyluvzme

Tweetyluvzme Well-Known Member

The biggest reason we have stopped spending our money there is this. My hubbie and I often buy gift certificates from restaurant.com. We bought a gc for $25 off of a $35 order. We paid $10 for the gift certificate so already we're spending $20 to use a $35 gift certificate but we decided to order a lot of food and have leftovers to last the weekend.

We went this past weekend and they had a sign on the door that said that they are no longer accepting those gift certificates from restaurant.com. I was bummed because I had one and planned to use it. They did take $10 off the bill for it but still. Anyway, the food was as good as always but the staff was new and the brothers were nowhere in site. I believe the one that had a baby, his wife and the baby were there but he was not.

16. grandma4

grandma4 Well-Known Member

managers need to know what is going on to correct situations- i'd be willing to give them a try- :cheers:

17. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

My family is a non-Chritian family and we also wouldn't steal from anyone. ;( Yes, offence was taken.

18. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

I have to admit, I had to think for a second.

Non-Christian families are thieves..........:jester:

19. Ima Sheltie

Ima Sheltie Well-Known Member

Is this the place across from CVS-behind Walgreens? I've tried it, not what I was looking for.

20. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I agree, I hate it when folks throw out the Christian Card.