Marco's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by swinkles, Jul 23, 2009.

1. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

I know good help is hard to find (trust me, I KNOW) but it sounds like the owners have a quality control issue with their food and staff. And note, the food issues were not addressed by the owner.

2. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Yes, its in the shopping center beside Riccobene's office.

3. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

A weak apology is one thing, but to say that it was a rumor intentionally being started here. I hate to tell you, Joe, but if it happened to someone that posts about it here, then it's NOT a rumor. The two things, and not this forum, that will be most detrimental to your business are (1) poor service - including overcharging, and (2) bad food.

4. LETSGOEERS!!!

LETSGOEERS!!! Well-Known Member

Just a couple of remarks about Marcos. I've had pizza there numerous times over the last couple of years. I always got a take out order of pizza and garlic knots. I thought it was pretty good the first year, but this last year it has gone down hill fast. The pizza and the garlic knots have been burnt the last several times we've ordered from there. The last time I ordered pizza I got the wrong items on my pizza. I did not realize it until I got home. I called and talked to whoever was in charge that night. Instead of telling me they could fix my order on my next visit all I got was I guess "we can make you another pizza, but its gonna be at least an hour though". I was speechless. Some way to take care of your customers.

I will not go back. Joe, its to bad you let your business fail. You should have managed it better.

5. cellguy

cellguy Guest

people come on this site to start rumors and lie all the time and i am not referring to this situation, i personally have always like 2 cuz better

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  6. brea7347

brea7347 Well-Known Member

Okay, I have a real problem with this. I have two of these that we have not used, so I am just out the money I spent? This is not right. If they want to stop participating in restaurant.com, that is fine, but they need to honor those gift certificates that are already out there as we have spent good money on those.

7. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

It seems like they have entered into a legal agreement with restaurants.com and in turn the customers who have bought the certificates. I would personally ask them to accept the certificate and if they refused, it sounds like you have a legitimate legal complaint.

8. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

That would require taking responsibility, not pushing it off on the employees THEY hired. The owner is ultimatly responsible in any business for it's customer satisfaction.

Caveat: I've never eaten at Marcos, however the sheer number of dissatisfied customers would make me think twice about trying it on the off chance I was in that neck of the woods.

9. HomeGirl

HomeGirl Well-Known Member

:lol: ...or the "Religion Card"....or "Non-Religion Card". I'm thinking I'll put my Religion card in my wallet to keep with my "Get Out of Jail Free Card" that I removed from my game just in case I ever need it. They all work about the same these days! (...but probably better than my bank card!) :)

10. jbasile03

jbasile03 Guest

If you attempt to use a valid Restaurant.com Gift Certificate and the restaurant is closed or not accepting your certificate, please contact our customer service department. You may reach them by email at info@restaurant.com (include your Gift Certificate number) or call us at
    1-800-979-8985 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Central Standard Time and 8 a.m. to
    2 p.m. on Saturday.

Our customer service department will exchange your unused Gift Certificate for a credit to Restaurant.com. This will allow you to choose another restaurant or merchant certificate from Restaurant.com.

11. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So I take it you are not accepting the certificates?

12. bosoxfan

bosoxfan Well-Known Member

I agree that they should honor what's already out there, but if you have a certificate that a restaurant will not honor it, contact the people at restaurant.com, and they'll give you a credit that you can use on another certificate. I've had the same thing happen, and it wasn't a problem with them to do that.

13. ljk

ljk Well-Known Member

So again you are passing the buck???? Just lost my business. You better do some damage control before you bury yourself. I am all for local business, really I am, but without integrity and customer service, you may as well put a for lease sign on the door. You will be paying the rent on an empty building with this attitude.

14. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  15. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

WOW... you'd rather **** off the patrons who purchased restaurant.com gift certificates because they wanted to give your business a chance, or a second chance than honor the certificates? You complain you are trying to make a buck, and maybe restaurant.com wasn't a wise financial venture for you to enter into, but at the same time you should suck it up and not double your financial woes by driving customers away.

:?

I don't personally have any of the gift certificates, but I have ordered your pizza in the past and thought it was good. But if this is your way of conducting business, I won't patronize your business again.

16. jbasile03

jbasile03 Guest

I am not trying to pass the buck, what most people dont know is that the amount in which the certificate was purchased does not go to the restaurant. With the economy the way it is I cant afford to just give food away, therefore we dont take the certificates anymore. I offered to give people the $10 off for the amount they purchased the certificate for, which again was not money that was paid to me, but I guess thats not good enough either. I do my best to satisfy my customers, but everyone on here is so quick to judge, no one stands a chance. We are not a corporate restaurant and sometimes small businesses are at the mercy of their staff. I know you only as good as your staff, and we are working to get new people in place to improve our customer service and quality control. I am sorry if I offended anyone with the "christian" comment, I was only trying to give you a little back round on my family, not start a religious battle. I thank anyone who has been a loyal customer to us and hope that the others will give us a shot to earn their business and respect in the community. I will not be posting anything further as I dont feel it is appropriate as a business owner to bud in when someone has an opinion. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns, problems or opinions. I would rather solve the problem with you personally than get into a debate with everyone. Respectfully, Joe 772-1323

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

So now that you've backed yourself into a corner, the original post is an "opinion" and not the "rumor" that that you stated earlier?

Dude, I wish you the best of luck. You are going to need it.

18. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying Joe, in hindsight maybe a sign on the door stating you could no longer accept the coupons with restaurant.com's verbiage regarding closed businesses or businesses not accepting the coupons would have been a good idea - what the hey, offer some free garlic knots as a consolation prize. That and hiring more competent people or at least having a go-to guide of what they are supposed to do in particular situations when you are not available to handle things.

-----------

Hey, where's omni?

19. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Good to see that southern charm shining through in another thread. The man's making a concerted effort to reconcile/clarify any perceived mishaps made by his business/staff and yet he gets ridiculed. Pathetic.

20. seabee

seabee Guest

Look Jersey Girl.... I didn't chime in on all that but I felt he should've been a little more grateful at the start and kiss some arse to make things right... being a business owner you need to do that if you want to survive in the restaurant business and frankly in my opinion as good as it is [LOL] he didn't do that.

I won't mention any names but he could follow his neighbors lead in dealing with negative press here... because his neighbor has done a fine job with it here..