Marco's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by swinkles, Jul 23, 2009.

1. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

negative press is a little different than a poster saying that the business stole money from them on a public forum. There's more appropriate ways to handle the situation besides possibly threatening his livelihood by assuming his business purposely charged an additional gratuity.

2. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Southern charm does not mean accepting poor service and poor food for your hard earned money. He might be trying to make a living, but that money comes from the customers pocket.

Try again.

3. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Like I said and apparently you missed, he made an attempt to reconcile any possible disputes and even after that the mob became angrier. Nothing to do with accepting poor service or food.

P.S. Wake Tech offers night classes

4. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

In other words, to make southerners happy you must wait on them hand and foot, aka be their slave like in the good ol days.

5. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

No he didn't. He gave a half-hearted excuse with no mention of trying to resolve the bad food til he was questioned. Look, I certainly do not wish any business to fail but in this case, it was a luke warm response at best.

Night classes for what? My reading comprehension is apparently much better than yours. You might want to consult that schedule for yourself.

6. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

Certainly not dumb ***. But we do expect to get what we pay for minus the attitude.

7. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

This must be some of that southern hospitality I hear about all the time.

8. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

Wrong forum. [​IMG]

9. Cleopatra

I need a new avatar, too. ;)

10. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

The one you have suits you pretty well. That is medusa right?

11. Cleopatra

You are brilliant.

Know what else? This thread was dead until you came along and rehashed it. A+

12. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

the last post before my first post was at noon today, dead? You are the brilliant one.

Make sure you finish your house chores today.

13. Cleopatra

And you posted at 1:30. Everybody had already said what they had to say... then you dredged it all back up again. Yay you!

You're killing me with the house chores jokes. Wow, you slay me.

14. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

Just sayin, I remember when I was a child and my sole responsibilities were daily chores, it can be daunting.

15. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

Seems like most of you NY yankees love to use the "F" word as part of any normal sentence structure. Most everyone I've worked with or have had the pleasure of knowing from NY uses it as frequently as a southerner uses their non-cussing southern slangs such as "God bless them". Would you consider that northern hospitality? Because I consider it offensive to use it in the common way that its used up north and don't dare tell me its not used like that up in NY because I call BS. Youngest brother lived there for 10 years.
    Been there too many times and socialized with NY'ers way too long to know the difference. Truly one to talk about hospitality.
    On the flip side, I have many friends from NY and their wonderful people. They, unlike you don't belittle southerners. They don't stereotype southerners like you, they judge each individual based upon their knowledge of that person by getting to know who they are, not the fact that they are from the south. Why are you here? Why do you continue to remain here if your hatred for southerners is as it is? Gesh, one would think you'd make every effort to move back to NY. And why lower yourself to even communicate with southerners, seeing that you hold them in such low esteem.
    I challenge you go to the 4042 gathering later this month and meet some of the gang from here? Make your judgement on getting to know these people and see if it will help you get over some of your prejudice you seem to have towards southerners.

16. Cleopatra

I guess I'm not a slob like you. Nor am I a child, but you know that.

17. seabee

seabee Guest

When you own a restaurant yes cornhole grad, that is how you do it to survive... what else you have that is intelligent???

18. seabee

seabee Guest

Well theres not much to remember is there boy...

19. Cleopatra

20. fooser

fooser Active Member

When they first opened it was good food and wait staff. Last visit was a nightmare!!!