Marco's

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by swinkles, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Cleopatra

Cleopatra Well-Known Member

2. seabee

seabee Guest

Poor Jersey Girl..... hey nice TAR there C-lo.... I will have to adjust to it... :jester:

3. seabee

seabee Guest

Hey Joe B you moving down the road to new Wal-Mart plaza???? Or is this another Marco's.... Gee how will that work out??? Could be good.

4. claytonian

claytonian Well-Known Member

You made me chuckle with the "southern charm" statement - it amazes me that I've encountered so many judgmental people while living here -- I swear I've never heard the term "bless your heart" until I moved here (it took someone who was born and raised in NC to explain to me what they meant by it). Oh well, to each his own. I know I'll continue to use Marco's when I have a craving for a cheesy sheet pizza (then again, Marco's Rest. was located a few miles from where I lived in upstate NY)

5. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

WHAT??? Marco's has sheet pizza? Now that is music to my ears. Of course nothing will compare to Nirchis sheet pizza in Endicott NY!

6. shar824

shar824 Well-Known Member

Mmmmm....Nirchis!!! You are correct!!! We always got Guiseppie's in Chenango Bridge. I'm not surprised Marco's has sheet pizza they are from Greene I believe8)

7. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

ok, now i am confused. After the explanation about money being tight, could not afford to honor the coupons, now they are moving to a newer location:confused:

8. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Where did you see that?

Important to know, I don't accidentally want to enter their new location. It was one of my wife's favorites (haven't been there for a couple of weeks so I was disappointed to see some of the posts).

Told my wife about the owners responses and she agrees we will not be back.

9. claytonian

OMG - I really love Nirchis - every time we go back to JC/Binghamton, we get it; just went this past May -- spent 10 days there and I think our son and his girlfriend had Nirchi's everyday. Guiseppie's is good too - I remember them from when my husband worked not too far from there; liked the Guiseppie's on Leroy Street (down near front st.) -- years ago Denny Zabadal operated it - during Lent, he had the best haddock sandwiches. Gosh - now I'm really missing NY's pizza - Marco's does have sheet and yes, they are from Greene (we used to live a few miles from there years ago).

10. seabee

seabee Guest

for you Hughey... :cheers::cheers:

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Thanks!

12. shar824

We must have been neighbors back in the day...I'm from CF. 8)

13. kidsfly

kidsfly Well-Known Member

It's neat to see other 42ers from that area. I grew up 40 miles south of Binghamton, in PA. Went to many concerts there, enjoyed the Oakdale Mall and some of the bars/clubs in my 20s.

One thing I DO NOT miss is the grey skies and months of no sunshine.

14. claytonian

I grew up on Oakdale Road, just below the Finch Hollow Dam - when I was little, I used to to play in the area where the Oakdale Mall sits now - Vashina's house (which was the brick house across from Sears entrance) - my aunt and uncle rented one of the houses near the mall. I didn't realize there were so many people from Binghamton and surrounding area in JoCo.

15. Luvgoose1

I didn't realize there were so many of us here either. I have spent most of my life in NC but those long winters and cold, rainy, cloudy and dreary days helped me convince hubby to move down here while we were dating. I brought him down mid April and this place looked like the garden of eden to him! We've been here 24 years now! I worked at the Oakdale Mall and remember when the big deal was Boscov's coming to the downtown area. We also loved the Vestal Diner and Pino's on Conklin Ave! So maybe we all need to have a get together and grill out some spiedies!

16. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

The sign on one of the outparcels up at the new Walmart says Marcos Pizza, you can see it from the road on the building.

17. shar824

Now a spiedie party would be fun!!! I'm going up there next weekend for my CF Class of '89 20th reunion. I can pick up a bunch of Lupos or Salimida sauce if we need it 8) Hey...anybody got a hot air balloon, we can start our own Speidie festival in NC....

18. Navycut

Navycut Well-Known Member

Add one more that got tired of shoveling water in Upstate Oneonta, NY.

19. Luvgoose1

You can actually buy Salamidas Spiedie Sauce at Lowes Foods but it's not our first choice. We always stock up on Lupos when we are up north. There is actually a Roma's in Cary that makes spiedies and sheet pizza. They also make the italian bread we are used to for spiedies. They sell the Lupos sauce and bread there so you don't have to wait for a trip back home to get it. Now if I could just find somewhere that sells Grandma Browns Baked Beans I'd be all set. Harris Teeter carried them years ago but stopped.

20. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

We've been able to get the Spiedie Sauce for at least 20 years here, love it.