Do you go to church or not?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by browns rule, Aug 17, 2009.

1. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

well isn't that special?

2. nevilock

nevilock Well-Known Member

You forgot the church lady.

here you go:

[​IMG]

3. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

It crossed my mind when I saw the thread, but I refrained. :mrgreen:

4. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

Well played

5. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

...and by doing so you also point out the parallel between religion and extreme stupidity.

Do you sit there and wait for a post to be made? You posted one full minute after me. Do you even leave your PC to change your diaper or do you sit there salivating for your next opportunity to post while soiling yourself?

As far as an afterlife, you're talking to an agnostic. I do believe in an afterlife, but also believe that it is not possible to know what that is and am not convinced it is as world religions would have us believe.

You may consider me godless, but your vitriol posts here do nothing to support your claim to live a Christian lifestyle (acceptance of others, do unto others, love thy neighbor, etc.).

Now, why don't you stick to the OP's question and be a nice little doggy.

6. GoWulfpack

GoWulfpack Guest

LOL

Your Godlessness is only outdone by your brainlessness.

7. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Wow, you were able to refrain an entire three minutes before that gem. Well done. Now if you could just work on some sort of meaningful content in lieu of lame and flaccid comebacks.

Work on that and I'll watch your posts-per-day count for you to see if you can truly achieve your goal of being completely unproductive and worthless to society.

8. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

Good grief boys, is it ruler time again:roll::lol:

9. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Does playing golf and watching football on Sunday count as going to church?

:jester:

10. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Agreed.

But ..... just because you don't go to church doesn't mean you are not a Christian! :)

11. browns rule

browns rule Guest

Kaci- I know you were just kidding.:) I'm just emphasizing that I am curious to know, I'm not demanding to know from anybody who doesn't want to share. I think it is particularly important to expose kids to God and to go to church regularly and I wanted to see how many parents on here felt the same. But, as mentioned previously, I do agree that if you don't practice God's word during the rest of the week, than it serves no purpose to go to church. Our pastor emphasizes that all the time. Don't just go to church and listen, practice being a good Christian all week.

12. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Yes, and Yes, but probably not in the way you were thinking.

13. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

it's all good and i agree with ya

14. carolinasun

carolinasun Well-Known Member

I am a Christian but I don't go to church every Sunday. I go when I feel the need to>> some Sundays I just go and have a good breakfast and hit the links...... GOD UNDERSTANDS!! I do my own thing, maybe it's not right but that's the way I feel...

15. NY9

NY9 Well-Known Member

So do you think it is important for all parents to expose their kids to whatever their beliefs may be? Or is it that you think your belief is in fact the truth and therefore will give your kids no choice but to follow in your footsteps?

Church is free(minus the donations) psychiatry IMO. A weekly session in which a pastor convinces the community that they have a purpose in life.

16. Rockyv58

Rockyv58 Well-Known Member

If G*d wants me he knows where I am, and I'll buy the first round.

[​IMG]

and I do not have any human kids (just cats and dogs) so my kids are already gods children

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  17. browns rule

browns rule Guest

What I am saying is that I want my kids to learn about God. They can make their own choices when they are older but I certainly believe they will have a richer and more fufilling life having faith and learning about the Lord.

18. VolleyGirl

VolleyGirl Guest

I agree and while my son is under my roof he will learn and be taught about my faith. When my child is mature enough to make the decision of whether he continues with my faith, another or none then I will have to accept that. Until then, simply "I don't like going to church" isn't going to cut it. :mrgreen:

19. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Just about the "Lord" and Christianity? I guess we will have to disagree.

20. browns rule

browns rule Guest

Sorry Hught...I didn't get what you are saying??????? I believe my children will have a more fufilling life by learning about God. Along with that comes basic lessons such as "treating others the way you want to be treated", about giving, not being selfish, etc. etc. Geez.......I don't know how to explain it any further. My kids enjoy church, I don't have to prod them to go. They enjoy getting involved in the activities that the church offers also. Everybody can do as they please, I'm just stating what fufills me and my family.