Do you go to church or not?

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by browns rule, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Jalen

Jalen Well-Known Member

It's sir, Hught, and no I wouldn't be offended if you thought I was lost. I know you may not want a God or Savior but you definitely need one, but you wouldn't even know that if you are lost. I'll pray that He reaches out to you with His loving arms. :) I can't save you, but let me know if my prayers are answered and you feel a tug at your heart. :)

2. Jalen

Jalen Well-Known Member

LOL

3. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Please don't, I would prefer you did something constructive with your time.

4. Jalen

Jalen Well-Known Member

Too late, I already prayed for you. lol

5. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

What do you get when you mix PMS with GPS?

A crazy ***** who will find you.

I just got that in my e-mail a few minutes ago, thanks for giving me a chance to use it! :jester:

6. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

Then it's not a wrong turn, it's just not the path that you were meant to follow.

:jester:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  7. CraigSPL

CraigSPL Well-Known Member

:lol:...I do what I can

8. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

you needn't explain yourself....NY9 absolutely posted that to start something, as always. You weren't arrogant in the least sister!!

9. kaci

kaci Well-Known Member

hehehe, maybe we need to add to the rules, the same rules as in a bar, no discussing politics or religion cause it always leads to fights:lol::lol::lol:

10. INTHEBUFF

INTHEBUFF Well-Known Member

It truly can be the best rules ever, we have it in our family because there are too many family dynamics and they end up not talking to each other.

11. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

Do We Need God to be Moral?

Are we moral because we believe in God, or do we believe in God because we are moral?
    Frans de Waal argues in his latest book that the answer is clearly the latter. The seeds for moral behavior preceded the emergence of our species by millions of years, and the need to codify that behavior so that all would have a clear blueprint for morality led to the creation of religion, he argues.

12. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

I believe it is the former.

13. Hught

Hught Well-Known Member

I believe it is the latter, but you know that! :mrgreen:

14. Sherry A.

Sherry A. Well-Known Member

Throughout the years I wanted my child to experience many religions. I am glad I did it that way because she has formed her own opinion instead of one taught to her week after week.

By only going to a Southern Baptist Church when I was young it limited me to understand religion only one way. As I got older, moved all over the place and experienced life I found that I can meld my faith into what works for me. I'm thinking about going to the Unitarian Church and the Buddhist Center here in Durham to see what they have to offer in a friendship way.

Sherry

15. SunShine26

SunShine26 Well-Known Member

I've been going to the same church for 25 years. My son is 2 and he has been with me every Sunday except when we are out of town. It's very important for me as a Christian mother to not only expose him to it, but to help teach it to him as well. I hope that when he is grown, he will be thankful for that.

16. CanisLupis

CanisLupis Banned

[​IMG]

17. Grinder

Grinder Well-Known Member

I believe in God. I do not believe in organized religion.

18. elims

elims Well-Known Member

I probably already posted this somewhere, but when I was a teenager, a large part of our Confirmation class at church was focused on exploring other denominations within Christianity, and other religions outside. It was very interesting, and something I wish more groups would do - it gave us a taste of these other religions and helped us to decide for ourselves if we wanted to continue at our current church. It also helped to open our minds about other Faiths.

19. Lucky1

Lucky1 Well-Known Member

My husband and I do not attend church. We have two teenage boys who do, by their own choice. My youngest got involved in a youth group with a friend in elementary school. My oldest started attending the meetings and activities. We visited the church and went to events they had a part in. We feed the whole group often, support their attendance and activities, etc. We are very proud of them for making their own decisions and getting up early and going late to the service and meetings on Sundays. They are very active in the youth group including summer camps, concert attendance, activities, and working at VBS. I rarely attended growing up because my mother worked all the time and I stayed with my disabled grandmother a lot on Sundays. We watched services on tv and I still listen to podcasts and live stream a local church often. My husband's family stopped going when he was young because of typical church politics and he never looked back. We have been very open about our beliefs and our feelings about attending/not attending church. We believe it is important for our kids to make their own decision and we are very proud of the young men they have become and the decisions they have made.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  20. Savealot

Savealot Well-Known Member

Yes we go to church and our kids go with us. I was raised going to a baptist church and now go to a non-denominational church. God has blessed our family so much and I want my children to know that we believe in God. My kids are a blessing from God (well most of the time I think so) :). What they do when they grow up and leave our house is up to them.