A place for random thoughts....

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by JenniferK, Mar 15, 2006.

1. DontCareHowYouDoItInNY

DontCareHowYouDoItInNY Well-Known Member

Are you sure that you weren't drinking some Wild Turkey near the White Oak exit? :lol:

2. nsanemom22

nsanemom22 Well-Known Member

I'm having a friday night today. [​IMG]

...or am I getting a jump on Saturday night?... what ever :mrgreen:

3. harleygirl

harleygirl Well-Known Member

YOu and me both.

Got rained on in 4 different counties today. :?

4. nsanemom22

awww I'm sorry... gotta totally SUCK!

5. harleygirl

It's all good. I'm back home now AWAY from crazy drivers on 95 :boxing: :lol:

6. nsanemom22

I'm introducing my ds1 to Stevie Ray Vaughn (on DVD). DAMN I got good speakers!

7. nsanemom22

8. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

How many miles do you rack up a year, hg?

9. nsanemom22

HOLYGEEZAMOLY! I hate to think it!

10. nsanemom22

11. tassy

tassy Well-Known Member

i had my share of crazy drivers yesterday.... from WV all the way to CT it was rain, about 8 hrs.... and then my biggest pet peeve of the day was the morons that don't bother to turn on their lights in the rain. I honestly can't even believe how many people drive in the rain with their headlights off! HELLO... i'm doing 60mph and its raining like a beotch...it'd be nice to see you were infront of me with a little more than 20' notice!
    :twisted:

All in all... almost 800 miles in 15-1/2 hrs yesterday... LONG day!

12. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Myself, I drive about 30,000 miles a year currently. That has been about as high as 60,000. Most of my heaviest driving is on Fridays downeast. I probably drive more than the average person, but certainly not as much as some.

13. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Speaking of driving with your headlights off, I wonder how legal it is for DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) to be substituted for actually turning on your headlights/taillights? I see a lot of folks who drive GM vehicles that do not switch on their headlights and rely solely on their DRLs. The problem with that is from behind, they are often hard to see.

14. KDsGrandma

KDsGrandma Well-Known Member

Good point, I usually don't think about that. I'll try to remember in the future to turn on my headlights when it's raining. And then, of course, to turn them off!

15. harleygirl

ALOT!!! :lol:

Average day is 120-170 miles

Happy Sunday, I've done NOTHING today except watch movies. Ahhhh...

16. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

People who insist on doing less than the speed limit in the passing lane need to be slapped. Seriously.

17. kdc1970

kdc1970 Guest

OK, you caught me. I WAS thinking it!! :jester: LOL. All the way from White Oak to Clayton. Stuck behind mornons in each lane doing less than 55. I had melting groceries. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

18. Kelyel

Kelyel Well-Known Member

Same thing last night, between New Bern & Kinston on US 70 in that empty nothing but woods area.... 2 cars side by side for MILES.... Augh!!!!

19. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

For me, I'm not satisified with even that. The left lane is for completing a pass and not cruising at 55 mph. If a car is overtaking you while in the left lane, speeder courtesy dictates slower traffic move to the right as soon as possible. There are a lot of people who either rarely check their mirrors or simply feel sadistic pleasures by clogging up the passing lanes.

What really gets me are those that cruise in the right lane, you go to pass them and then they speed up leaving you hanging out in the left lane. I'll play that game only once or twice, before I floor it around them.

20. mnredsky

mnredsky Well-Known Member

Today is going to be a busy and interesting day.

I have yet to decide whether I'm disappointed or disgusted. :?