First day of school...

Discussion in 'Discussion Group' started by ferrickhead28, Aug 25, 2009.

1. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

:)Daughters day was good she was tired and took a two hour nap and still went to bed on time lol. She is in 4th grade.
    She said the teacher was nice and she liked her. She won't start changing classes till Thurs. She also said she couldn't believe she aready has a project due on the 18th next month, I thought it was funny. :lol:

So other then the bus issue in the morning that was it. Carpool was different when I picked her up, some guy was going around asking us in our cars if we were picking up for Mcgee's, and I was just thinking to myself well do you see another school around here. Duh! They made some changes, and one teacher told my daughter while she was just standing there in front of the car door not to open the door and I was like huhh..not sure what that reason was..so time wasted while she could have been in the car already. oh well, today is another day..this will be a good year!
    Sheri

2. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

called the JoCo bus garage (which by the way, they are the nicest folks ever), said things should be different today, had some first day wrong pickup glitches. Which is what I figured. :mrgreen: First day overall was outstanding.

3. rushlow2004

rushlow2004 Well-Known Member

That is good, dd bus picked her up this morning right on time.
    But, here is the other funny thing..you know she is a tom boy, well she starting to change some already..she wanted to take a shower this morning so she would be "fresh" lol, and then she was looking in the microwave and I was like what do you have in there and she was like nothing I'm looking at my hair (in the reflection) to make sure it looks good. She is picking out her own clothes and then asking me to make sure they look good..she is a trip..of course I never let her see my laugh, it's so cute.
    :jester:

4. KellBell

KellBell Well-Known Member

awwww, she is growing up! :grouphug:

5. ForeverFaithful

ForeverFaithful Well-Known Member

DD is a Junior at Clayton this year. She said it was ok. I just love all the papers they bring home for me to sign. She said it was ok. She said they were going to start working on their Senior project sometime this year, at least some of the paperwork part of it.

Next semester she is taking one of those classes where she gets to bring home the baby doll that acts like a real baby. Oh I am sure that is going to be "fun"!

6. Luvgoose1

Luvgoose1 Well-Known Member

Forever....unless it changed from last year, your daughter will actually complete her Graduation Project paper this year. They renamed it when it was split out into a two year deal. We went through it last year when our daughter was a junior there. Be sure you see her complete project outline packet. There are very tight deadlines and no exceptions for late work. I'll just say it kicked butt last year staying on top of it all. Within the first couple of weeks she will have to already know what she wants to do her paper on. Senior year they complete the "Product" portion of the project. As for the babydoll, my oldest took that class when she was still at Clayton. It was very effective birth control and convinced me I was NOT ready to be a grandmother anytime soon!

7. momof3grls

momof3grls Well-Known Member

My junior also said they will complete the paper this year at WJHS. She was crying as she told me :lol:

8. bandmom

bandmom Well-Known Member

Also - I think they start 'the paper' part in their English class, so depends on if she has that this semester or next, and then they complete it/present it their Sr yr also depending on which semester they have Eng.

FF: You should look into volunteering to be a panel member for the presentations of the projects at the end of this semester. We did that twice (at WJHS) and it will REALLY open you eyes to what is expected and also how to maybe help your dd come up with a good idea for her project. Some kids come up w/ great ideas, but they're sometimes hard to come up with a 'product'. Ex: my dd is interested in Nursing, wanted to go volunteer at a hosp (really wanted to work w/ babies) but they don't allow anyone under 18 to do that anymore, plus she couldn't have worked w/ the nursery at all. So we didn't find that out until she had already started research, so having to change made more work for her....etc. :)

9. ForeverFaithful

She does have English this semester. We were already talking about ideas. My son did his Senior project on Chiropractics, (2007). She loves animals and since we have 3 dogs I suggested something to her in regards to animals... care, training, spaying & nuturing, Animal shelters or something like that.

I remember Kyles schedule. I made an extra copy of it to here at the house.

I have already told her that when that baby doll cried in the middle of the night that was not getting up with it! LOL In fact, I also told her boyfriend, that if they were still together, he got to "help" her when he came over or took her somewhere because "I wasn't babysitting" while they went and did something. LOL

10. xstitchlynnda

xstitchlynnda Well-Known Member

First day of school

Do either you or your daughter sew. If so I may have an idea for you. My daughter graduated from WJ in 2008 and she did a really cool project.

11. ForeverFaithful

I don't sew unless I have to.....never was really into sewing, more cooking for my, but my daughter likes to sew. We got her a sewing maching last year for Christmas.

12. xstitchlynnda

senior project

I will try to send you a message to give you the idea.

13. xstitchlynnda

WOW

I have been a member on here for over 5 years and I have only done 41 post. Is that a record? LOL